• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    My wife has just fallen in love with the Walther P22....the trigger, the way it handles, the way it shoots, the way it feels, etc. Now she wants to kick it up a notch. How does every body feel about the Walther PPQ 9mm? We're hoping that it will be a P22 in 9mm. Is that accurate? Or just so much smoke?

Already got a Glock and a Kel-Tec. Just looking for a "P22 in 9mm" :)

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    If you're hoping that it's a P22 in 9mm prepare to be disappointed. The PPQ is not in the same class as the P22. That would be like driving a Pinto and wondering if a Porche would be in the same class. The PPQ is equal or better than most of the other polymer guns out there, and I'd dare say that it gives the HK a run for its money. It's a little flippy when firing but it's extremely accurate the the trigger is amazing. It's simply a fantastic gun.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    It is one of the lightest guns I own, but doesn't have bad recoil at all. The sights are the only thing I don't care for, because there is a lot of space between the front and rear dots, but it is still the most accurate I think. I wish it had a safety though. I would say to buy it and I think you'll want to keep it. Mine is a First Edition, so it has night sights and a threads barrel, which is also very cool. I like the M&P slightly better, because I tend to shoot it faster, but the PPQ is a bit more accurate.

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    I jumped off the Glock bandwagon for my PPQ and never looked back. It's simply amazing. Ergonomics and accuracy are second to none. I would recommend it to anyone. Good luck and have fun!

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    I've got a Desert Eagle MR9, which is a blend of the Walther PPQ and the P99. I must say that after shooting Glocks, Smith MP9's etc, it's simply the best handgun I've ever owned in all critiqued areas. The Walther PPQ is an fantastic firearm and will likely be the next one I buy for the "nightstand".

Good Luck and bring it home! :)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Workmanship wise I like my old P99 better than my PPQ. The PPQ isn't bad at all though (both .40). Ergonomics wise the PPQ feels great in my hand. I also think the PPQ trigger is great but it's right at the "almost too light for a defense gun" limit. I enjoy shooting my Steyr guns more. Steyr = less felt recoil, less muzzle flip, a bunch of little details that not many other guns have.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Thanks to all for your time and advice. I bit the bullet, so to speak, and bought one! My next scheduled range day is not till next Wednesday. So all I can do is stare at it for now. :):

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've shot both, in 9mm. The Glock had slightly less recoil. The pre-travel is the same. The break on the PPQ is just as crisp as the glock but about a pound or so less. The Reset on the Glock is more defined, but the PPQ is shorter. The grip on the PPQ was more comfortable and I shot it more accurately during slow fire. I really enjoyed the PPQ and would love to own one.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've shot both, in 9mm. The Glock had slightly less recoil. The pre-travel is the same. The break on the PPQ is just as crisp as the glock but about a pound or so less. The Reset on the Glock is more defined, but the PPQ is shorter. The grip on the PPQ was more comfortable and I shot it more accurately during slow fire. I really enjoyed the PPQ and would love to own one.

An out of the box Glock or a reworked trigger? The Glock triggers I've tried felt a bit vague.

I shot my PPQ .40 again a few days ago and like it much better now.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I've been happy with my PPQ. Now the trouble is keeping it away from the wife, I think she wants to steal it....

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I would agree with most of that, except that the PPQ has a noticeably cleaner and more predictable break, as well as slightly more take up. Reset is positive on both, although I also give the PPQ the edge.

The PPQ does have more muzzle flip.

Shroom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2009
    Middletown, IN
    Thanks to all for your time and advice. I bit the bullet, so to speak, and bought one! My next scheduled range day is not till next Wednesday. So all I can do is stare at it for now. :):

Congrats, you cant go wrong with a Walther :rockwoot:. Give us a review when you get back from the range.

Top Bottom