• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    What's wrong with that? Obama is half black, at least. She has every right to be proud of someone of her own race (even just partially) having become the president of USA. Just like white people have the right to be proud of their race (however un-PC that is, but I don't care much about PC anyway). One doesn't have to proud of their race to be a racist, just like they don't have to be a racist to be proud of their race. I have great respect for President Obama, his intelligence, his skills and knowledge for being a top-notch politician, etc. It's his stand on 2A and other issues that didn't get my vote...

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I have great respect for President Obama, his intelligence, his skills and knowledge for being a top-notch politician, etc. It's his stand on 2A and other issues that didn't get my vote...

I'd like to see something that supports what you just said. His intelligence... based on what? Grades nope can't do that they haven't been released. Skills? Deception? Top notch politician? Yeah about the only accomplishment he has ever had. I was born a Hoosier, but I must be part Missourian because You gotta Show Me.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I'd like to see something that supports what you just said. His intelligence... based on what? Grades nope can't do that they haven't been released. Skills? Deception? Top notch politician? Yeah about the only accomplishment he has ever had. I was born a Hoosier, but I must be part Missourian because You gotta Show Me.

YEP!!!! :rockwoot:

But for Oprah's pride... well..... she should be proud. First she buys a psychiatrist, now she's bought a U.S. President!!!! :rolleyes:
    :cheers:

quiggly

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Noblesville
    I for one do appreciate that Oprah kept politics out of her show till after the election, for the most part.

She realizes the influence she has on people and made the decision not to use that influence for political gain for Obama.

I think this shows pretty good restraint on her part.

DISCLAIMER... I do not watch her show so I don't know for a fact that she kept politics out. I just had heard that.

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

I don't know his grades either, but academic achievement from Columbia and Harvard command my respect, however liberal or antigun that person is (or conservative and Repulican as they can be). I certainly believe he's more capable base his foreign policies on mere proximity, or "you are either with us or against us" redneck simplicity. Deception? All politicians lie as we know, I happened to find lies from Bush and his cronies more sickening, on par with the Brady bunch. Obama was a noname when he tried to wrestle with Clinton (and Clinton is no easy lunch). He won the nomination, and ultimately the presidency, made me believe he's a better politician. He could connect to voters better than the other two, at least to those who voted for him...

Politics is just like any other line of work, need a set of knowledge and skills to hanle the job (for which Palin lacks). What kind of agenta they want to accomplish using the skills, thru doing the job, is different by what they believe is the right thing to do. His party tend to think limit people's access to firearms make us safer, I happen to disagree, strongly. I'm not born a Hoosier nor Missourian, just a very libarel gun nut that supports abortion but not gun control (two key issues of individual liberty)...:cheers:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I don't know his grades either, but academic achievement from Columbia and Harvard command my respect, however liberal or antigun that person is (or conservative and Repulican as they can be). I certainly believe he's more capable base his foreign policies on mere proximity, or "you are either with us or against us" redneck simplicity. Deception? All politicians lie as we know, I happened to find lies from Bush and his cronies more sickening, on par with the Brady bunch. Obama was a noname when he tried to wrestle with Clinton (and Clinton is no easy lunch). He won the nomination, and ultimately the presidency, made me believe he's a better politician. He could connect to voters better than the other two, at least to those who voted for him...

Politics is just like any other line of work, need a set of knowledge and skills to hanle the job (for which Palin lacks). What kind of agenta they want to accomplish using the skills, thru doing the job, is different by what they believe is the right thing to do. His party tend to think limit people's access to firearms make us safer, I happen to disagree, strongly. I'm not born a Hoosier nor Missourian, just a very libarel gun nut that supports abortion but not gun control (two key issues of individual liberty)...:cheers:
    OK, obviously, I've not seen his grades from Columbia either, but I recall seeing a piece where an official from there confirmed that he'd been awarded a degree from there. I don't recall how he phrased it, but it would have been appropriate for him to have said "with honors" and he did not do so. By inference, Obama's degree from Columbia was with a GPA no greater than a 3.49.

How does a person with a 3.49 get into Harvard?
    How does such a person pay for his schooling?
    ..Could this be by having it purchased for him by unAmerican foreign
    interests?

I do not think this person has intelligence, but of greater importance, I think he lacks integrity.

Mrs. Palin, OTOH, has both intelligence and integrity, from everything I've seen. Keep in mind, a president does not have to know everything for him- or herself-that is why they have a team of advisors... though those people are not always correct either. This is where having executive experience comes into play, along with common sense: She has experience in what, for a man, could be called "thinking with his nuts". That is to say, sometimes we refer to someone having the cojones to make the right call at the right time, no matter how tough a call it is and no matter how unpopular it might be. It's called an executive decision. The executive has to know when to take the advisors' opinion and when to discard it, when to make a bold move. I believe I heard that Mr. Reagan was advised not to address Mr. Gorbachev at the Brandenburg Gate, but how powerful was his speech? To this day, I still get a powerful, proud chill when I hear him enunciate, "Mr. Gorbachev, Tear DOWN this wall!"

In contrast, Mr. Carter must have received many conflicting bits of advice in the 444 days Americans were held in the Tehran embassy. He had not the cojones to make a stand, to draw a line and enforce it. What an embarrassment it must have been to him that on the day Mr. Reagan was inaugurated, they were released.

We do not need another Jimmy Carter. We need another Ronald Reagan-even if she does wear lipstick to differentiate between herself and a pitbull.

And Oprah Winfrey can kiss my entire ass.

Blessings,
    B

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    OK, obviously, I've not seen his grades from Columbia either, but I recall seeing a piece where an official from there confirmed that he'd been awarded a degree from there. I don't recall how he phrased it, but it would have been appropriate for him to have said "with honors" and he did not do so. By inference, Obama's degree from Columbia was with a GPA no greater than a 3.49.

How does a person with a 3.49 get into Harvard?
    How does such a person pay for his schooling?
    ..Could this be by having it purchased for him by unAmerican foreign
    interests?

I do not think this person has intelligence, but of greater importance, I think he lacks integrity.

Mrs. Palin, OTOH, has both intelligence and integrity, from everything I've seen. Keep in mind, a president does not have to know everything for him- or herself-that is why they have a team of advisors... though those people are not always correct either. This is where having executive experience comes into play, along with common sense: She has experience in what, for a man, could be called "thinking with his nuts". That is to say, sometimes we refer to someone having the cojones to make the right call at the right time, no matter how tough a call it is and no matter how unpopular it might be. It's called an executive decision. The executive has to know when to take the advisors' opinion and when to discard it, when to make a bold move. I believe I heard that Mr. Reagan was advised not to address Mr. Gorbachev at the Brandenburg Gate, but how powerful was his speech? To this day, I still get a powerful, proud chill when I hear him enunciate, "Mr. Gorbachev, Tear DOWN this wall!"

In contrast, Mr. Carter must have received many conflicting bits of advice in the 444 days Americans were held in the Tehran embassy. He had not the cojones to make a stand, to draw a line and enforce it. What an embarrassment it must have been to him that on the day Mr. Reagan was inaugurated, they were released.

We do not need another Jimmy Carter. We need another Ronald Reagan-even if she does wear lipstick to differentiate between herself and a pitbull.

And Oprah Winfrey can kiss my entire ass.

Blessings,
    B

:+1: You beat me to this reply.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Obama was a noname when he tried to wrestle with Clinton (and Clinton is no easy lunch). He won the nomination, and ultimately the presidency, made me believe he's a better politician. He could connect to voters better than the other two, at least to those who voted for him...

While Bill of Rights answered most of my response to your post, I will respond to this statement.

Obama did nothing special. It was the media, who fell in love with him and turned on Clinton, that got him the nomination. The sheep believe what they hear on the MSM and they digest it in sound bites. While I converted (educated) many fellow union members there were others that parroted the misinformed sound bites and would not have a discussion. They drank the koolaid and no one (not even me) could convince them otherwise. My union never chose someone to support during the primaries. When Obama won the nomination, they never had an Obama rally. They had an Anti-McCain one though.
    Obama never connected with anyone. The media made him a Hollywood production and created an image, for which he doesn't deserve, nor will be ever to live up to. He knows it and has commented on it. Saying he doesn't know if he can be that Obama.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.

Dude...... Spellchecker..... honestly!!!! :rolleyes:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

What :poop: is This :laugh: Please try to avoid the Kool-Aid :rolleyes:

Very Rich, Black, Fat Oprah is moving from the Television Airwaves to Cable and creating "Her" own Network Channel - All Oprah 24/7 so she felt that she could alienate her lowly TV audience because she is leaving the neighborhood.

Top Bottom