7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OK.
    I understand the first sentence.

I can extrapolate the second sentence.

3rd sentence is self explanatory

The rest is Greek, but you guys got it. Thanks, and good luck
    Thread in the mod zone refers to the area of the staff only can see. That’s where we discuss in the background.

2FA is two factor authentication… That’s when you get the code by your email every 30 days to re-enter into INGO. Everyone has the option to disable it… We do not recommend it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Kelly meant "we do not recommend disabling it" to be clear.

ANY logins these days should be 2 factor if it is supported. Especially banking. I know a woman who lost a lot of cash AND her dream home because her online banking wasnt secured by 2 factor. TLDR scammers hacked her email, launched an epic spam attack against her mailbox (spam message every 5-10 seconds) and then used that message storm to cover them resetting her banking password. Emptied her bank account. Then the mortgage company she was working with to close on her new home backed out of the deal due to potential fraud on her part.

So failure to use MFA can be painful.

And the 2 factor here is painless. It only asks every 30 days. Unless you log in from a new device. Then its required for that first login.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sorry guys this was not me, i just reset my password so no one can access my account again.
    suuuuuuure it wasnt. LOL

No worries, Please turn on 2 factor on your account. You're already a target, so expect to be targeted again.

EDIT: Also, anywhere that old email and password combo was used, you need to change it there as well. if they broke in here, anywhere else you use that password can also be compromised by them.

CopperheadL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2017
    Usa
    Thread in the mod zone refers to the area of the staff only can see. That’s where we discuss in the background.

2FA is two factor authentication… That’s when you get the code by your email every 30 days to re-enter into INGO. Everyone has the option to disable it… We do not recommend it.
    i was not aware we had 2FA, looking to enable it now.

CopperheadL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2017
    Usa
    suuuuuuure it wasnt. LOL

No worries, Please turn on 2 factor on your account. You're already a target, so expect to be targeted again.

EDIT: Also, anywhere that old email and password combo was used, you need to change it there as well. if they broke in here, anywhere else you use that password can also be compromised by them.
    done

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    crocodile-dundee-grab-check.gif
    How are we supposed to tell if they are authentic??

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Unless you clear out your ENTIRE browser cache, it only asks every 30 days
    I was thinking that the first time around it was kind of "buggy" and TexKev even disabled it for a time. Maybe they've got a better version now.

Edit: Also, I never log out, so would it log me out and then ask me to log in again with a new code?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom