• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    For those that like sea life, sharks, whales etc.... Look for "the whale that ate jaws" on NatGeo. Very good, interesting show about the relationship between Orca's and Great White's. Apparently the Orca is now king. Some very cool studies have been done. Definitely worth the watch!:yesway:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    For those that like sea life, sharks, whales etc.... Look for "the whale that ate jaws" on NatGeo. Very good, interesting show about the relationship between Orca's and Great White's. Apparently the Orca is now king. Some very cool studies have been done. Definitely worth the watch!:yesway:

Yup, no shark is any match against a Orca. I saw awhile back that they discovered that when a Orca made a kill on a shark, sharks up to over 200 miles away could smell the shark blood an they all dived to several thousand feet. Well below what a Orca could dive too. The study showed that sharks know when they smell shark blood something is very wrong an its time to get.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I thnk I may have caught part of this. Did they talk about different Orca pods and the specialized shark hunting techniques that one pod had developed?

I only caught about 5 minutes of it, while waiting on my wife.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I thnk I may have caught part of this. Did they talk about different Orca pods and the specialized shark hunting techniques that one pod had developed?

I only caught about 5 minutes of it, while waiting on my wife.

Yeah, oddly enough one of the more violent PODs has been dubbed the "LA" pod. The commenting scientist make a comparable to gangs. I thought that was funny!

Top Bottom