• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I've been wanting a 9mm carbine for no reason for a while. Not long ago I picked up a 92fs in trade with a bunch of 20 and 30 round magazines. So the hunt for a CX4 began. Saw on gunbroker that most completed auctions were north of $700 with the occasional deal below that. Accidentally came across this deal at Classic Firearms:

https://www.classicfirearms.com/beretta-cx4-storm-9mm-carbine-new

Apparently these were produced for a foreign market and have a barrel 1.8" longer than normal. Since I will eventually thread it, that is not a problem. Finding one for a "reasonable" price was an expensive surprise though.

So has anyone SBR'd one of these? What mods would you recommend? I have never read a negative review on these. Most folks call them underrated and fun.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    You are going to love it!

I bought one of the first when they first came out forever ago. Went to the range with my daughter to try it out. Before I knew it I couldn't get it away from her. Decided it was better to just buy a second for myself. Shooter521 can verify how much my daughter likes that CX4!

To be honest there is not much I did to our Storms. Got a good plastic safe lube to put on the trigger mechanism, but other than that I am very happy with the stock firearm. There is a trigger replacement that everyone brags about, unfortunately I don't remember who makes it, but those using it like it over the factory trigger. Beretta has never been known for initially smooth factory trigger but they do smooth out after a few hundred rounds.

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    My boys each have one. The great thing about them is you can set theme up for right or left hand shooters. The CX is just the thing to break in new shooters.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I tend to leave guns mostly stock so that is good to hear. Just got a shipping notice, Classic is on the ball! Should have it by the end of next week.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    My boys each have one. The great thing about them is you can set theme up for right or left hand shooters. The CX is just the thing to break in new shooters.

that was a major appeal for me. I am RH but shoot long guns LH due to eye dominance. The fact that you can not only switch controls but also switch to left side eject is a big deal for a blowback rifle.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    This is one of those guns that I've looked at numerous times in the past and always passed on it for one reason or another. Now the prices have risen and I wish I would have jumped on one. They seem like solid PCC's.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    snorko, the nice thing about the Storm carbine being ambi is that if you want, like I did, you can install two charging handles on it, one on each side!

oDbCo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 18, 2016
    Franklin/Greenwood
    I'm sure the CX4 storm is a great firearm, but the polymer hammer would warrant a replacement (at least for me) and I have heard the trigger isn't too good. I personally would not buy it because the cost would be too high after I changed out all of the parts.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Beretta CX4 Storm Accessories & Parts Upgrades

They have a great reputation over on the Beretta forum. I plan to someday get their trigger upgrade.

I absolutely love mine, but the trigger is pretty heavy/gritty/creepy/terrible. I'm going to send my trigger to Sierra Papa (link above) - I understand they do very nice work.

Also plan to have the barrel threaded... because shhhhh.

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    I had one and didn't care for the trigger and stock.
    Got it back when Buds had them for $650.00

I prefer my 9mm AR and a Zenith MP-5 clone.
    I haven't tried a Scorpion, but would eventually like to try one.

Top Bottom