• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Norway's maximum penalty is 21 years in prison. That's the most that he can reasonably be expected to get, from what I've read on their system.

^Wow, thats probably why he didn't commit suicide.

I'm curious to hear the details of how this transpired. If he was a lone wolf, then he's a genius for being able to pull off an attack like this.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    The shame of this idiot's actions is that the underlying premise of his rants on the Internet and other locations is shared by a sizeable percentage (probably a majority) of Europeans. The multiculturist wave sweeping across Europe is somewhat similar to the invasion of illegals crossing our Southern border. However, as the nut quotes in his rant, "multiculturalism and Islam are mutually exclusive."

A cause that I would guess most of us would agree with has been smeared by the actions of this nut. It's exactly contrary to what needs to happen across Europe, and here, if the tide is to be reversed. All this sort of nonsense does is make our side look like the villian. It is self-defeating.

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    This made me wonder about Norway's prisons so I read a little.. interesting. I've lived in apartments worse than the cells in some of their jails and paid for the privilege. Seems to be working though - anybody compare the crime stats between the US and Norway? How about recidivism rates? Norway seems focused on making sure the criminal can reenter society. America seems content with time served, and that ex-con label following them around for the rest of their lives, sometimes forcing recidivism by inability to gain employment. Which is the one that's tough on crime? The one that can't be bothered to treat a criminal like a human being, or the one that reduces crime?

Anyway. That 21-year maximum sentence is false. Comes from a sentence in their law code, to the effect of if we can't reform a prisoner in 21 years then it cannot be done at all. There is a policy called forvaring - containment - that is intended to protect society from truly dangerous persons by detaining them, and this does not have a time limit.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I do know that competitive shooting is big in Norway, and proof of such activity is one of the easiest ways under their law to own more rifles.

I wonder if he was involved in such pursuits and, if so, how long it will take the Brady bunch and their ilk to start touting the dangers of allowing even sporting activities.

holejack1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    South West Indiana
    His motive isn't clear yet, and I wont' condone his killing spree, but both in Europe and America people are right to fear muslim domination. Too bad our leaders are cowards and won't stand up to the enemy. Political correctness has set the stage for liberty, both hear and abroad, to be over run by islam. Rather than pledges not to raise taxes our politicians should be signing pledges never to submit or take contributions from muslims or muslim countries. Islam is the new communism.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    His motive isn't clear yet, and I wont' condone his killing spree, but both in Europe and America people are right to fear muslim domination. Too bad our leaders are cowards and won't stand up to the enemy. Political correctness has set the stage for liberty, both hear and abroad, to be over run by islam. Rather than pledges not to raise taxes our politicians should be signing pledges never to submit or take contributions from muslims or muslim countries. Islam is the new communism.

:koolaid:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    The local media has described the bombing suspect as a conservative Christian... other than what little has been released about his alleged anti-multicultural beliefs - this horrible atrocity has absolutely nothing to do with Muslims.

Every time a large terrorist attack gains the media spotlight, at least one Islamist terrorist group claims to have orchestrated it. Since we can expect that to happen, it would be rational for us to scrutinize random internet postings more thoroughly. When one yahoo posting on a message board is all it takes for our media to scream Islamic terrorists, we need to rethink what information/sources we consider credible.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    There is something bad wrong in a country where one person can shoot and kill that many people. That takes a lot of time and ammunition. People are hard to kill. Moving people are hard to hit. That is some crazy stuff IMO.

The police there are mostly unarmed for some reason. Unarmed police is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. There are always going to be crazy people and there will always be the need to deal with them. I am not sure on how the gun laws are in that country but something needs to change there. I am willing to bet it will now. I just hope it don't change for the worse.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Wow. One white guy in Norway blows up a building, then treks across country to shoot-up some kids on an island; all by himself?

That fairytale is almost as big as two planes hitting two buildings, and causing three buildings to collapse at freefall speed into their own footprint. :rolleyes:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Ok I've not seen it any where, what guns did he use? Usually when something bad happens by someone using a gun that is the first thing the media focuses on. I have noticed that when the bad guy is caught and not killed, they down play the guns and focus on ideology.........

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    What's going on is the medias mandate to degrade western civilization at every turn. I'd say they are succeeding, look at our government. Andrew jackson would have beaten them with his cane and shot the survivors.

Bingo. I've seen it said elsewhere: When the terrorist is not middle-eastern, the media falls over itself to categorize that person as "christian."

Top Bottom