OSUT#256 - Easter Bunny, Solar Eclipse...what's next?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Heading out in a bit to do a taxi/shuttle kindness for a neighbor. Dropping this time; an offspring picks her up after tests.

She doesn't get around well, but I enjoy her razor keen wit and crisply whipping tongue. Talks funny even after 40yrs in these United States. She's from Liverpool and likes Metallica and such. My mom's age!

I honestly am glad to help. Son shovels her paths, brings her trash bins back to her garage door, collects her mail, mows her yard.
    Then she gives us plants. She's a treasure!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Thanks, but I did say I hesitate, but mainly because I've never tried them.
    Need to further educate myself, it seems.
    Thanks.
    They are only useful (IMO) if you are shooting with a group where people are talking. My hearing isn't great but I can still hear. I just have some tinnitus and can't understand people in background noise situations. Like at the range last night. The instructor would talk to me, so I would pull my plugs out, of course the guy next to me keeps blasting away.

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    They are only useful (IMO) if you are shooting with a group where people are talking. My hearing isn't great but I can still hear. I just have some tinnitus and can't understand people in background noise situations. Like at the range last night. The instructor would talk to me, so I would pull my plugs out, of course the guy next to me keeps blasting away.

I thank you for explaining.
    I do OK with mine, usually, but sighting something in, table and roof contain or even compress and concentrate the sound making it ever more harmful.

Obviously a portion of my problem has to do with 18 years of concerts I worked 3 or 4 times a week and much damage is already done.

Even using headphones most of the time during the meanest of all that wasn't enough.
    You can mix down your tape feed just fine with 'phones on, but not the House mix.
    You have to open your ears and do it right if you want out of some of these concerts in one piece, so to speak.
    I need to save what I have left.

Hunting or even a few rounds is not bad, but sitting down and popping out ten or twelve bangs under shelter, I notice an increase in tinnitus for days.

But me, I always want the top line best gear possible and these days it's better cans for me.
    Thanks again.

Last edited:

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Hey, DD, I know it's too early to ask about your new laptop, but I have one for ya!
    New to me.

You're likely ten times the computer tech I ever tried to be, but I've been making use of these as tools since they became useful, building my own when there were 3 or 4 profiles just for the sound and making the shiny discs work, goodness gracious.

I know I said my Androids seemed to be fine AND I thought I was done with my glitchy stuff, but I had an error message today I had never seen before.

"Android has shut down wifi because it was causing this device to overheat"

How much junk is Xf putting into my phone and tablets now?

Not seen that before, how about you?

I've been a Win guy since before Work Station or what ever they called it, but not that clued about Android. Never needed to be. They just worked.

I have more work to do.

*pulls another hair out*

Last edited:

Lpherr

Occupied
    Insurance is nothing more than a scam these days.
    What's the point of outlaying the cost of 30 year shingles, when the insurance company wants to switch coverage from fully covered to cash value, which they determine the depreciation.
    The roof is 10 years old, with 30 year shingles. Do they think I'm replacing my roof every 10 years? WTF?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hey, DD, I know it's too early to ask about your new laptop, but I have one for ya!
    New to me.

You're likely ten times the computer tech I ever tried to be, but I've been making use of these as tools since they became useful, building my own when there were 3 or 4 profiles just for the sound and making the shiny discs work, goodness gracious.

I know I said my Androids seemed to be fine AND I thought I was done with my glitchy stuff, but I had an error message today I had never seen before.

"Android has shut down wifi because it was causing this device to overheat"

How much junk is Xf putting into my phone and tablets now?

Not seen that before, how about you?

I've been a Win guy since before Work Station, but not that clued about Android. Never needed to be.

I have work to do.

*pulls another hair out*
    I'm afraid I'm no help at all. I have an Android phone. I can call people on it and send texts and access my email, but that's about all I use it for. I'm still in the process of setting up the new laptop as we speak.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Howdy all. Court went pretty well. Susan's dad will be transferred to the facility (Masonic home) that he wanted to go to all along, and Susan is to have unlimited visitation. She is also to have unlimited visitation (supervised) at his current facility until he is moved. Her sister has been given temporary guardianship but the judge emphasized "temporary".

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I'm afraid I'm no help at all. I have an Android phone. I can call people on it and send texts and access my email, but that's about all I use it for. I'm still in the process of setting up the new laptop as we speak.
    About the same as me with Android.
    I'll see if it happens again.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom