OSUT#256 - Easter Bunny, Solar Eclipse...what's next?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    On my little stroll with the dog, I saw a community yard sale. Had to stop. No guns. RATS!
    I bought a Reminton 870 from one of the old fellows last year. He threw in four half boxes of shells after we made a deal.

But for $2 I grabbed an old, '50s era Baldor motor 1 1/2 HP. He told me it doesn't work, but he was hoping someone else could haul it to the dump for him. Said it was worth over $25 for scrap.

Yeah, I know, but I love to rejuve these old motors. He's giving me all these warnings about it being junk, but it turns and it's a Baldor.

Nothing can go wrong that I can't fix. If there's continuity through all the stator windings and the armature hasn't been rubbing bad I can get it going on my bench PDQ!

But if the guts are good, then bearings, brushes, a thorough cleaning (it's seen some rough service), start up cap and I'll have a new motor to play with. A powerful one!

Paid for it, told him I would be back with my car in a few minutes. It's about 80 lbs, which is about all I care to pick up these days, but I'm not carrying it more than a step or two.

Haven't touched it yet, but this thing is beautiful! And it's on the bench.
    :thumbsup:

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh, also 8 CDs and a book for my daughter.
    Great stop!

... 'tis the season.
    We used to go yard saling every weekend. Haven't gone in quite awhile. That's how we accumulated so much crap. :): I used to joke with Susan that when she goes to yard sales, she has to come home and get the truck. I could go all day and carry all my "finds" in a grocery sack.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Got my grocery list made. No Aldi this week, and not a lot from Kroger. Managed to find where my passwords were stored on the old laptop and got those transferred over to the new one. I'll have to enter them manually for awhile but at least now I have them.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    We used to go yard saling every weekend. Haven't gone in quite awhile. That's how we accumulated so much crap. :): I used to joke with Susan that when she goes to yard sales, she has to come home and get the truck. I could go all day and carry all my "finds" in a grocery sack.
    Opposite with us. She's buys a baking thing and I come home with motors, guns or stereo stuff.
    I go through all kinds of gear and usually give it to someone. Getting old stuff going again is a passion for me.

Two yrs ago I got an old '70 SS (NOT the famous, desirable, expensive tube variety) Fishers receiver that the kid had plugged in along with everything else they had that plugged in, just to make sure it all worked.

Well he plugged in a very old piece of electronic equipment that had sat idle for thirty years. It smoked, of course. That's not what you do! It was free, though.
    Kid said maybe someone could use the knobs and plugs for something.
    Yeah, I use the knobs and it's plugged in.

I fixed the power supply and now it does garage music duty. Sounds fine for the application.
    :):

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well I think Susan has changed her mind about going to see her dad today. Oldest granddaughter and her cousin?/uncle? are having a birthday party at Sky Zone out in Plainfield. Doesn't sound like my cup of tea (kids running around and loud rap music blasting).

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Well I think Susan has changed her mind about going to see her dad today. Oldest granddaughter and her cousin?/uncle? are having a birthday party at Sky Zone out in Plainfield. Doesn't sound like my cup of tea (kids running around and loud rap music blasting).
    Sounds familiar.
    My wife has five brothers and the get togethers are necessary for her and the kids, but I have little in common with any of the five (only one hunter, but all bow - out of my league) and all but one of the wives are a nightmare to me.

Honestly I hang out and goof with the nephews way more.

Usually no music. These aren't music people. My folks were all music all the time.
    How did I enter this family?
    Well, they a ball team and I married the cheerleader.

But you lost me at rap music! Rather not, thank you.
    Sometimes it's a duty, though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom