OSUT#256 - Easter Bunny, Solar Eclipse...what's next?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I love it when I brush across one of my older posts and there are a bunch of ANGRY ricochet marks.

I mostly like to share a snicker or two.
    A lot of that political stuff I plop here (not many free speech places left) is because it steamed me over when I saw it.
    Every ANGRY mark is confirmation of my sanity.
    Brothers and sisters at arms.
    Bless you folks!

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Up from my nap and trying to decide what to do first. I think I'm going to go cut a tree out of the back fence that's been bugging me. It's going to be a surgical operation to get it out of the chain link and then treat the stump with Tordon.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Up from my nap and trying to decide what to do first. I think I'm going to go cut a tree out of the back fence that's been bugging me. It's going to be a surgical operation to get it out of the chain link and then treat the stump with Tordon.
    I know the pain.
    Our old house had some willow shrubs growing up through the chainlink. It took me a week to get it all out.
    Discovered a ground dwelling hornet nest while I was digging. Gave up on digging.

Tordon did the trick, though.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Tree is gone, along with several other volunteer mulberry trees I came across here and there. Also found a good sized maple branch that had come down out back and got it busted up and on the burn pile. I know I've got some more dead branches down over in the side yard. That's next on the list. At least one of those is going to take some chainsaw work to get it down to burn pile size.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I know the pain.
    Our old house had some willow shrubs growing up through the chainlink. It took me a week to get it all out.
    Discovered a ground dwelling hornet nest while I was digging.

Tordon did the trick, though.
    This one was a maple and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. Just had to make cuts on both sides of the fence to get it all out. I was afraid it had grown around some of the chain link but it hadn't.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Watching my son get started mowing, dog out with us. It's a new thing that the dog is not afraid of "The Monster," but he kept right on my son's heels for several passes.

I had a frivolous passing notion that the dog thought, if you're walking that thing, I'm next. Wife said he's protecting the boy from the thing, if it acts up.
    She was right, I think.

I praise the little guy for conquering his fears, either way.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Watching my son get started mowing, dog out with us. It's a new thing that the dog is not afraid of "The Monster," but he kept right on my son's heels for several passes.

I had a frivolous passing notion that the dog thought, if you're walking that thing, I'm next. Wife said he's protecting the boy from the thing, if it acts up.
    She was right, I think.

I praise the little guy for conquering his fears, either way.
    When I was a kid, we had an old Jacobsen reel mower with a sulky on it that I would cut the grass with. We had a wire haired fox terrier named Missy that would bite the tires on the mower while I was mowing! She hated that thing with a passion. :):

Lpherr

Occupied
    The temps are preventing me from casting.
    The MIL has more stuff she would like me to do in the coming days, so probably won't get to cast then either.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Got more crap cleaned out of the corner of the yard and big branches cut up and on the burn pile. Hopefully the wind will die down some more in the next hour or two and I'll go ahead and light it.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Wind has drifted from mostly a southwest direction when it first kicked up, to a more westerly direction, now.

Stills seem pretty breezy.
    Something going on downtown, despite.
    I saw people wrestling with tents.

Driving by I could hear a band in the distance, but it was warm up.
    I might get more curious once the Saturday traffic dies down.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom