OSUT#256 - Easter Bunny, Solar Eclipse...what's next?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    On the other hand it was a pleasure, when I arrived home, to re-meet our city's head Arborist and Horticultural boss.
    He greeted me by name.
    He was here for his monthly inspection of my ash tree.
    I found out that my uninfected ash tree has a serial number and a GPS location recorded.

I first met him last year when my wife called me to the front door, "Talk to this guy. He wants to cut down our maple tree at the street."

My first words to him when we met were, "You Bast**d! WHY!?!" He was used to fielding complaints, though.

Our (stunning in the fall) red maple was tearing up the sidewalk and creating problems for handicap access compliance. It was a large maple, so they do that stuff.
    Jokingly I suggested they move the sidewalk.

Soon after they were there, whipping my tree to shreds. I kept a decent stack of BBQ wood though.

My ash tree today got a 100% uninfected rating again. I asked what I could do to help preserve it and keep it healthy.
    He says, "Sir, I wish I knew."
    :dunno:
    Bayer makes a drench that works, I hear. Purdue extension service may be able to put you in touch with someone more knowledgeable.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I guess they're getting ready to start "ramp metering" on 465 next month. Stop lights on entrance ramps. Yeah, that won't cause huge backups or anything. Basically they'll let traffic back up on the ramp, then "release" them all to merge in with traffic all at once. :nuts:
    I've had to do that with chickens, but they don't mind running into and all over each other to be next.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I've purchased a light tent and daylight bulbs (5500K), I've used fluorescent bulbs with the setting, incandescent, and it never works. I've had people explain the settings, and it never works. The closest I get, is to use auto settings and sunlight. That's the closest I can ever get.
    Maybe the camera sees the actual colors, and my eyes are wrong.:dunno:
    Single color lighting never works unless the image is to be viewed in the same light.

Your eyes aren't fooled for more than a short time. They will try to adjust not only to fill in the blanks with help from the brain, but trying to force view to stay the way they first saw something, too.

Think about outside lighting, there is one massive source, sometimes harsh, directional and sometimes very diffuse itself and we are surounded by diffused and refracted light of a much higher (blue) temperature.
    And that super hgh temp light is coming from every angle imagineable.

5500K is an average of the two conditions under certain ideal conditions, but never accurate.

Light tents come in all shapes and sizes, most with shading panels to create a directionality to the light and control unwanted reflections, especially on our tiny shiny subjects.

Photography Suxx! There's no defined sight picture or perfect squeeze for this.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom