OSUT#256 - Easter Bunny, Solar Eclipse...what's next?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Single color lighting never works unless the image is to be viewed in the same light.

Your eyes aren't fooled for more than a short time. They will try to adjust not only to fill in the blanks with help from the brain, but trying to force view to stay the way they first saw something, too.

Think about outside lighting, there is one massive source, sometimes harsh, directional and sometimes very diffuse itself and we are surounded by diffused and refracted light of a much higher (blue) temperature.
    And that super hgh temp light is coming from every angle imagineable.

5500K is an average of the two conditions under certain ideal conditions, but never accurate.

Light tents come in all shapes and sizes, most with shading panels to create a directionality to the light and control unwanted reflections, especially on our tiny shiny subjects.

Photography Suxx! There's no defined sight picture or perfect squeeze for this.
    I appreciate your attempt to further confuse me; it has worked.
    I've talked with photographers (albeit over the web) about set-ups and camera settings.
    It seems everything I'm told, and try, has a terrible effect. I've used camera stands with a timer, adjusted f-stop, and aperture settings, the lighting and diffusing, background colors (white, black, grey), but nothing works for me.
    The only time I care about the color, is when showing my casts. Otherwise, I would take some classes.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I appreciate your attempt to further confuse me; it has worked.
    I've talked with photographers (albeit over the web) about set-ups and camera settings.
    It seems everything I'm told, and try, has a terrible effect. I've used camera stands with a timer, adjusted f-stop, and aperture settings, the lighting and diffusing, background colors (white, black, grey), but nothing works for me.
    The only time I care about the color, is when showing my casts. Otherwise, I would take some classes.
    Sorry to confuse!
    I was trying to clarify some obvious problems we run into, especially with picturing our "tiny shinies." Those are the most difficult to capture faithfully.

Just follow your passion; your photos are perfectly fine.
    :thumbsup:

Lpherr

Occupied
    Sorry to confuse!
    I was trying to clarify some obvious problems we run into, especially with picturing our "tiny shinies." Those are the most difficult to capture faithfully.

Just follow your passion; your photos are perfectly fine.
    :thumbsup:
    No worries.

It's all of the technical jargon that gets confusing. As long as the sun is shining, I'll do ok. Of course, like today, when I want to take a pic, there's no sun.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I have offered a short taxi service for another neighbor soon.
    Same group office conglomerate as mine, but different doc. Basically a mile away.

Not a check up drop off today. She is donating blood, bless her.

She has O-neg which I've heard is in extreme short supply most of the time.
    They'll take all they can get!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom