OSUT#256 - Easter Bunny, Solar Eclipse...what's next?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hung the wind chime back up. I finally fixed it. The string that holds the metal thing that catches the wind had been broken and tied up a couple times so that thing was hitting the chimes and making a clanking noise. Used a little mini-bungy cord to extend it down about 10" so now just the wooden clapper hits the chimes. Much more pleasant!

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Showered and got the laundry going. Planning my errands today. IIRC, there's a Home Goods store by Fresh Thyme, so I think I'll check there for hanging planters. Probably go to Walmart for potting soil. Gary Greenhouse is having their open house this weekend so I don't think I want to get in the middle of that madhouse.

Not going to put the two hanging baskets out front this year. I'll do the big flower basket planter and let it go at that.
    Saturday is HER laundry day, diesel smelling uniforms at first.

I am restricted from touching her duty clothes. I left one of her tissues in a pocket years ago. I'm done forever!

But today, I am breaking house rules, her nasties are just about done for her, while she sleeps.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Hung the wind chime back up. I finally fixed it. The string that holds the metal thing that catches the wind had been broken and tied up a couple times so that thing was hitting the chimes and making a clanking noise. Used a little mini-bungy cord to extend it down about 10" so now just the wooden clapper hits the chimes. Much more pleasant!
    You sound like a true Renaissance Man with special wind chime prowess.

Exploring my own, I made a set out of old blind rollers we used to use as bacgrounds in photo work.
    Thin aluminium tubes six feet long, salvaged. Different!

Rebuilt them with cedar fence planks surrounding to eschew any HOA off skances.
    They don't go, "Ting, bing, shing." I have those too, but I am proud of my home made ones.

Mine sound like "BONG, TONG, GONG!" Deep tone!
    Somewhat tuned, but imagine rich long ringing concert chimes on the back patio.
    Yep. I'm a nutcake.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You sound like a true Renaissance Man with special wind chime prowess.

Exploring my own, I made a set out of old blind rollers we used to use as bacgrounds in photo work.
    Thin aluminium tubes six feet long, salvaged. Different!

Rebuilt them with cedar fence planks surrounding to eschew any HOA off skances.
    They don't go, "Ting, bing, shing." I have those too, but I am proud of my home made ones.

Mine sound like "BONG, TONG, GONG!" Deep tone!
    Somewhat tuned, but imagine rich long ringing concert chimes on the back patio.
    Yep. I'm a nutcake.
    These are the church chime kind too, but not that big. They're like 18 - 24" long and make low mellow tones.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Didn't make it to Walmart. It was starting to sprinkle and looked like it was going to start pouring any second so I headed home. Should've gone ahead and gone because sprinkle was all it did. Struck out on finding hanging baskets at Home Goods, Big Lots and At Home. Hopefully Walmart will have some.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom