OSUT 257: Spring is Finally Here. Bring on the Outdoor Fun and Grilling Season!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Bringing my daughter home from work we stopped at Kroger for some of her essentials.

I'm in the parking lot blasting the Eff out of some wicked '60s jazz, making the best of sitting, waiting in my car.

This guy passes by and compliments my music. I looked up to say Hey and Thanks. Met eyes and recognized each other from maybe ten years ago (I look VERY different - he's about the same).

Talked for half an hour, catching up! Found out he was really glad to run into someone like me today. ??????

He had a car full of banker boxes loaded with old CDs he was about to distribute between Goodwill, Salvation Army, St Vincent's, etc.

He and all his associates had already cherry picked the stacks.

But this is the leftovers he gave me. I mean about 600 or 700 (don't know anything about it all yet), free CDs to cull and/or keep or donate myself. But he needed it out of his hands. Our meeting up today was ... almost impossible. But, wow!

He was helping another old salt we used to kick around with who had died recently (Sad, I had not heard).

But after spending a week dealing with the old fellow's things in the widow's house, he had raised over $10K for her, just by making a week's worth of phone calls to people still working the business, waiting and meeting.

This is gonna be FUN!!

With my bummed ankle, it's all still in the back of the car, but I have some youngs to help load out.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Sorry for getting so wordy again, but some context seemed necessary for this amazing gift.

About two months now since our friend passed and this wholesome fellow has spent the past week helping to clear out June's house (the widow) so she can get people in to prepare it for sale.

My "C-rap-ture" treasures are still stacked pretty high, too. One of my goals is to not leave that burden behind, but get things into hands that know what to do with the old (better than most anything you can buy today) top tier gear.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just saw what might be the most stupid news reporter comment on WTHR that I have ever seen. It was a story about IMPD giving away free gun locks. The reporter demonstrated how to unlock and lock the lock (just the lock, no gun involved). He said that if you didn't know how to do it, the officers would show you. Then it came... "Earlier I saw a woman bring in her unloaded... "caliber gun" I guess is what it's called." :facepalm:

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Good afternoon y’all. Back from the gym and chicken in the oven. Wife and I sore but the workout helped. Hopefully don’t have to work this weekend. I really am looking but LinkedIn screwed up my account and I lost everything and basically have to start over. Grrrrrr!x2
    But life still goes on. Have a great evening folks.

Top Bottom