OSUT 257: Spring is Finally Here. Bring on the Outdoor Fun and Grilling Season!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I don't do enough wood working anymore to even own one of these, but I never just toss tools. Card carrying tool hoarder, here.

I've literally worn to nubs two Craftsman dado sets, over the years, back when I was gearing up sound systems and doing installations.

About twenty years ago I SPENT on a nice Japanese dado set, but I've only had it on the saw a handful of times.
    They are such a pain to set up correctly and precisely, I just left this one on after a while and bought another table saw.

Then the metric Chinese plywood was all I could get and any dreamed up consistency in raw materials was gone.

Reset dado blades for every new shipment of ply as it turned out. So, back to resetting dado stacks all the time again. And resetting dado stacks, again and again.

Last night in the mail, I finally got this awesome complete magnetic set of shims for dado stacks, made in Denmark, where dados are banned and illegal, I've read.

I can't wait to have a chance to do something with these shims.
    They are metric, but included are eight different thickness by .001ths" sizes so as to be the last universal shim set anyone will ever need.
    Precision!

... and they won't fall through and land on the floor while you are measuring, testing and adjusting your dado width.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Holy crap!! I was hearing these "pops" coming from out back and figured the neighbor behind me was out doing something in his yard. I was looking to see if I could see him (or anyone) when all of a sudden a huge branch broke off of the maple tree. Actually it may be two branches. Dammit! Looks like I'll have chainsaw work to do this week, and I really am running out of places to put all this crap. :wallbash:

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    My FiL did some woodworking for a short time after he retired. had a lathe. did some fancy routering stuff
    I've always thought lathe work would be fun, but never owned one.

Almost all of my construction was either uppers, smallish 3x2x1.5 ft boxes for mids and highs or larger, refrigerator size dual 15" driver folded horns for bass bins.
    They were my own design - harmfully loud up close by themselves, but KICK IT! hundreds of feet out in stacks for a concert!

After starting to do installations, I was building all shapes and sizes of triangle, quads, pentas or hex pyramids, parrallelograms and odd shaped things to fit in attics or down in crawl spaces.
    A little brush up on high school geometry for some of those.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom