OSUT 257: Spring is Finally Here. Bring on the Outdoor Fun and Grilling Season!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    The cold bothers me too.
    Even inside, I'm chilly. The Mrs. thinks I'm nuts.
    When I started BP meds, I went from the last guy to put on something other than a wind breaker when it got cold out, to the guy who never lets his hoody out of quick grab distance.

By the time my wife is comfortable in the summer, I need a hoody in the A/C in July.

It's like those meds shut down my engines somewhere deep inside.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I like the canton for most things, but for super fine, ultra shiny, I prefer the dommet.

I polished brass, rubber and plastic mouthpieces. I also ground the facing and stamped them.
    Different plastics react differently. Some have lower melting temps and quickly overheat and distort.
    A canton wheel is what I have used for ages with just water for media discs.

I've never tried the domet wheels.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I wouldn't.
    But they are your friends.
    Email is much safer, as mentioned by V8.

It took me a while to shake loose from having done too much of that when I moved on.
    I'm really not close enough to people I work with to continue communicating after I retire. We have each others' personal numbers because only management have "work" phones, but my calls/texts are limited to work-related stuff. That'll come to a halt once I leave.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ugh. They started the metered ramp crap today. Supposedly, during peak hours, the lights will only allow one car to go and merge in to traffic on 465 at a time. Thankfully I won't really be impacted by them for now. I think it's a horrible idea. I can see traffic really getting backed up on the ramps.

For now, it's just on the southbound and westbound on ramps from I-70 on the east side to I-65 on the southside. I hope they see it was a mistake and give up on them before installing them anywhere else.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I'm really not close enough to people I work with to continue communicating after I retire. We have each others' personal numbers because only management have "work" phones, but my calls/texts are limited to work-related stuff. That'll come to a halt once I leave.

One of my long range problems is I was one of three who were kind of guru status and all the budding young photographers always needed a hand with something technical or difficult, even though I no longer worked there.

Another issue that compounded my escape was that another guru and I had torn out the studios during off times (a three year project, doing five locations - nope, make it six. I forgot Mishawaka) and rebuilt much cooler, more flexible, full length sets for use.
    We included many angles and textures, lighting schemes, all new at the time.

"Hey! Can you tell me again how to get this scene working like you used to?"

It took a while to get unstuck from that bog.
    :lmfao:

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    One of my long range problems is I was one of three who were kind of guru status and all the budding young photographers always needed a hand with something technical or difficult, even though I no longer worked there.

Another issue that compounded my escape was that another guru and I had torn out the studios during off times and rebuilt much cooler, full length sets for use.
    We included many angles and textures, lighting schemes, all new at the time.

"Hey! Can you tell me again how to get this scene working like you used to?"

It took a while to get unstuck from that bog.
    :lmfao:
    I have several people that keep telling me I can't retire because I am the one they always go to for help. I'm glad to help, and I guess they consider me a "guru", but I still feel like a newb after nearly 15 years. I have my own "gurus" that I go to for help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom