• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    eek. i have 50mb service with comcast. ive had 15 and 25 in the past, and it never served my purposes.

i generally have 1 or 2 streams at a time, with 10 FTP connections.

in the past, i ahve had 20 FTP connections, 3 streams and online gaming - that was with 75/35 though....

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    eek. i have 50mb service with comcast. ive had 15 and 25 in the past, and it never served my purposes.

i generally have 1 or 2 streams at a time, with 10 FTP connections.

in the past, i ahve had 20 FTP connections, 3 streams and online gaming - that was with 75/35 though....

:hijack:

Back on topic - anyone built an antenna?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So, I did build an antenna.

And it's perfect. The cost for a kit which had the mounts and copper elements was about $30. I mounted it to a 2x4 and put hardware cloth on the back for a reflector.

Then into the attic where it replaced an antenna "suitable for both black and white and color". There's several TV's hooked up and no need for an amplifier even with the old RG-59 with frayed ends.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    My DirectTv box took a crap Saturday; due to a busy weekend I didn't call until Sunday evening. They said that they couldn't get anyone out until Thursday! Thursday! And I have a 'protection' plan on the darn box.
    A $45 RCA antenna from Menards $20 for some coax and I now have 21 DTV channels. It's basically just the locals plus their +2 or 3 digital channels. Of course the local religious channel has 3 or 4 channels!
    I'm going to call later this week to see when my DirectTV contract expires. Just can't wait.

Top Bottom