• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Tomorrow is our home study class. It'll be from 8:30am to 8:30pm. Long day tomorrow...

We also have our home study scheduled at the end of this month as well.

Tomorrow, we also have to pay for the home study, the class, and the fee to go forward. It's going to be very expensive. I had to withdrawl most of my savings in preparation for tomorrow. Any financial help I can get would be most appreciated. It's going to get even more expensive from here. My GoFundMe webpage is in my signature.

Thanks all!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Had our home study class yesterday. The agency went over the entire process. They also had some families who had actually adopted thru the agency come talk to us about their experiences. Including a birth mother who talked about how she wasn't in a situation where she could properly raise her child.

It was a long day, but I learned a lot from the class.

My wife and I have a lot to do before our home study on the October 27th. After that, we will be officially in the system in 4-6 weeks.

I can't wait.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Had our home study class yesterday. The agency went over the entire process. They also had some families who had actually adopted thru the agency come talk to us about their experiences. Including a birth mother who talked about how she wasn't in a situation where she could properly raise her child.

It was a long day, but I learned a lot from the class.

My wife and I have a lot to do before our home study on the October 27th. After that, we will be officially in the system in 4-6 weeks.

I can't wait.

Depending on who does your homestudy, expect questions about firearms and their storage in particular. If memory serves, some want a separate locked ammo storage in addition to a safe.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Depending on who does your homestudy, expect questions about firearms and their storage in particular. If memory serves, some want a separate locked ammo storage in addition to a safe.

The agency does the home study. And they do require firearms to be locked up separately from ammo. I have been buying lockable boxes from Walmart and slowly putting my ammo in there.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Oh well. Gotta take the bad with the good.

Once the home study is over and the adoption is complete you'll be good to go man... Hoping everything goes well for you guys still, there are a lot of kids in need out in the world!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I called my life insurance company a couple weeks ago to get the cash out value on one of my policies. They finally got back with me. Unfortunately, it's not enough to make it worth cashing out. Gotta find another way to get the money :(

At least there will be SOME grants to apply for once our home study is finished.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Just finished our first Home Study. It was nerve racking. My wife and I were very stressed out while trying to prepare for it the last couple of weeks. It didn't last as long as the agency said it would. And things went great. I have a good feeling about the whole thing.

We will be active in the system in about 4-5 weeks from now. And in the meantime, my wife and I will start applying for different adoption grants. Hopefully, we will be approved. Once we are active, we could be picked in a year, or within that first week. I'm hoping to have the funds ready by that time.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Bump! Hopefully the generous INGO community can continue to get behind this family and help them out.

Glad to see the home study went well.

KobeBeefKatana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2015
    Westfield
    As being adopted myself at the age of 6, I can honestly say that it is the BEST thing that has ever happened to me. I was blessed with an amazing family that treated me no different than their own children and showed me what it was like to have a mother and father who actually cared. I wish you the best of luck on your journey

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    As being adopted myself at the age of 6, I can honestly say that it is the BEST thing that has ever happened to me. I was blessed with an amazing family that treated me no different than their own children and showed me what it was like to have a mother and father who actually cared. I wish you the best of luck on your journey

That's awesome. I have really enjoyed hearing stories like yours.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    DEEC5116-A35D-4014-AFF3-FD50F0DC513F_zpsagckb2oo.jpg

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Just got word from the agency, our bio is finished. And our home study review is almost finished as well. Once it's done, we will be officially in the system to be picked by a birth mom.

Things are moving fast!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Glad things are moving along for you guys!

Driving home today, I saw a kid (maybe 3 or 4 years old) with firey red hair playing at the park and I thought of this thread.

Anyway, long story short, his mom was distracted on Facebook or whatever, so I snatched him up for you. When can you take him? I honestly have know idea what these things eat, and he's been fussy as hell since I got him home.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Glad things are moving along for you guys!

Driving home today, I saw a kid (maybe 3 or 4 years old) with firey red hair playing at the park and I thought of this thread.

Anyway, long story short, his mom was distracted on Facebook or whatever, so I snatched him up for you. When can you take him? I honestly have know idea what these things eat, and he's been fussy as hell since I got him home.

:laugh:

I have always wanted to have a kid like that. :)

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I do plan on sending you some cash, nothing wanted in return except for your happiness that I will get to receive in about seven weeks (being a parent). Things have gotten a little crazy. I will say the moment you put together a stroller, pick out a name or paint the nursery, there is no better feeling then knowing something awesome will soon occupy those things. There is times that even just thinking about holding my daughter makes me so happy that I have happy tears (I know this isn't a manly thing, but with two woman in the house soon, manly things will soon be less and less and I can't wait ot just be able to hold Elizabeth Grace).

Top Bottom