• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    ....That [individual] is one of the sorriest excuses for a human being to ever disgrace the earth.

This.

Barack Obama the man, has demonstrated himself to be among other things: To be hubristic; egotistical; selfish; contemptuous; and dishonest. Sadly, he is brilliant in his own right, and squandered a great potential by surrounding himself with ideologues, most notably the Iranian-born Valerie Jarrett.

The only real differences between Obama and William Jefferson Clinton, is that Clinton is the better actor and better schooled in the art of deception. President Franklin Pierce with all his drunkenness and sympathy for the confederacy, and long since dead, would have been preferable to the antics of our current president.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Fair enough. I'm just very fed up with the current leadership. Not an excuse for bashing. But this president has on more than one occasion shown his true intentions and I dont like it one bit. Sadly the entire leadership of this country has become so inept I doubt just electing someone to replace O will do much good.
    :D:D

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Having worked directly with the Secret Service on more than one occasion, they are quite anal about not deviating from their own modus operandi. I'm also sure they do not consult the president (any president) on each public appearance. However, if it helps feed the Obamaphobia to buy into what is likely an embellished story, then go for it.

In regards to "defend even the worst" I assume Top Dog is implying that I am defending Mr. Obama. If that make some people feel better, then I'm okay with the statement. In reality though, I'm just looking for the truth. I find these lies and half truths that float around the internet as insulting. Let's just provide the facts and allow people to make their own decisions. (FYI, I didn't like seeing the Bush bashing crap either.)

I have worked with the Secret Service on more then a couple occasions as well, both with a visit from President Clinton, as well as President Bush. I have not had the chance to work with them under this administration. That being said, I know for a fact that the President can and has overruled the Secret Service. I know when President Bush was in, we were on mission "until". This was because he would meet with the Gold Star parents (those parents that lost a son or daughter), and he would not leave until they were done asking questions. This was not a, you have 20 minutes to meet and talk to the President. This was a, he will not leave until you are done asking questions, or done talking.
    With President Clinton, he would stop the car randomly to get out and talk to people. Once again, the Secret Service had no say in this. He would just say stop, get out and start talking to a crowd.
    So, it has been my experience, that they have quite a lot of power and tell the Secret Service what is going on, and they will decide how to do it.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Having worked directly with the Secret Service on more than one occasion, they are quite anal about not deviating from their own modus operandi. I'm also sure they do not consult the president (any president) on each public appearance. However, if it helps feed the Obamaphobia to buy into what is likely an embellished story, then go for it.

In regards to "defend even the worst" I assume Top Dog is implying that I am defending Mr. Obama. If that make some people feel better, then I'm okay with the statement. In reality though, I'm just looking for the truth. I find these lies and half truths that float around the internet as insulting. Let's just provide the facts and allow people to make their own decisions. (FYI, I didn't like seeing the Bush bashing crap either.)

You ignore the fact that he could have chosen a different spot to make his speech. Or, the visitors to the Monument could have been screened upon entry and allowed to go about their business. The Secret Service is set up to supervise such gatherings; there were 4000 of us in one gymnasium when Pres. Ford came to the 2nd ID in Korea in 1974. The current CinC wasn't making a Memorial Day tribute to Vietnam Vets; he was making a carefully-crafted political speech.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I saw some footage of him helping carry a wreath and set it. He looked like an un-comfortable robot. What a waste of Oxygen.
    My uncle e-mailed me of this. He is a decorated veteran of 2 wars and is upside down over all of this.

Replace this elitist, VOTE HIM OUT

Top Bottom