• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Okay, Mom has pretty much told me that I get to pick a firearm of my choice (within reason) as my present.

Its going to be a handgun if I let her do it at all. Now, she lives in Florida and is not a CCW holder so she will have to wait three days to receive it if done. It is my understanding that she needs to have it shipped to an FFL up here to make it legal. Since I have a lifetime LTCH in Indiana and it IS recognized by Florida AND I have a walking background check in a TWIC card and it will be a gift, is it really that big of a deal if I accept it and just return with it?

I placed this here for more exposure, MODs I apologize if it is in the incorrect forum and fully understand if it needs moved.

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    So your asking if its ok to possibly break the law? Just have her transfer it up here and save everyone a possible headache.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    have her send you the money and buy it up here:dunno: a check is cheaper to ship than a firearm

This.

I placed this here for more exposure, MODs I apologize if it is in the incorrect forum and fully understand if it needs moved.

If you get more exposure in the "Break Room" on a gun forum, rather than in a section about firearms, then there is a problem. :D

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    You guys all have Moms, go ahead and tell them what to do :laugh:

If I know her, if I tell her no it has to be transferred to an FFL up here she'd just keep it, pack it and claim it at the airport, then hand it to me up here and say "Here, transferred".

Trying to talk her out of it altogether, but again, you can't tell your Mom to do anything.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville

If I know her, if I tell her no it has to be transferred to an FFL up here she'd just keep it, pack it and claim it at the airport, then hand it to me up here and say "Here, transferred".

Trying to talk her out of it altogether, but again, you can't tell your Mom to do anything.
    that costs more than just transferring the gun threw an ffl. since she has all the money to throw away does she want to adopt another son??

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    that costs more than just transferring the gun threw an ffl. since she has all the money to throw away does she want to adopt another son??

No, she's been trying to give me away for years :rolleyes: :laugh:

When you figure out everything a Mom does, let me know, cause she's always confused me.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

you could trade moms with someone ... :D ... I'm sure someone would be glad to trade their mom for one that's going to buy them a new handgun 'of their choice' ... (again :D) ....

JUST KIDDING ... I wouldn't trade mine either ... (mom that is) ... even if I think she is trying to fattening me up like the Christmas turkey. (even bigger :D plus :laugh:) ...

now seriously ... if you tell her how much easier it will be to keep it legal and just send the check ... I mean ... she did say you could pick it out right? ... just promise to take her to the range to shoot it when she gets here. ...

Top Bottom