• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jiggypete

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Preparing for a trip to Florida next week, and just got to thinking about traveling with a firearm (which I plan to do). Every state that we will be traveling through/visiting is reciprocal with Indiana's LTCH, but have you guys had any encounters while traveling? I'm thinking just simple traffic stops, but maybe you've had other encounters out of state with LEO's and Indiana's LTCH. Anything to think consider? Thanks for your thoughts/input.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Simple traffic stops? No such thing.

Obey the law and you will limit (not eliminate) your exposure and down south with Yankee plates you don't want to give them excuses to jack with you.

No static from out of state cops. Not even Massachusetts.

Last "encounter" I had was Kerrville, Texas. I was at Inn of the Hills there during the Chief Deputy Sheriff's Assocation Annual Meeting.

I was at a gun shop wearing a Baja shirt to cover my guns. I was "printing" pretty ugly. The cops all looked at me, shrugged and asked me about deer hunting in Indiana.

jiggypete

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Yep, checked the hangunlaws website many times. It looks like we are set to go. The only discrepancy is KY right to inform. I didn't see it stated anywhere that it was required, but I know some on INGO have claimed that it is. Anyone had personal experience with it?

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Yep, checked the hangunlaws website many times. It looks like we are set to go. The only discrepancy is KY right to inform. I didn't see it stated anywhere that it was required, but I know some on INGO have claimed that it is. Anyone had personal experience with it?

Kentucky is NOT a duty-to-inform state.

Top Bottom