0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Are there any practical concerns from this? When out of state I do not know where a single school is. If I look at a 25mph school zone sign 300' from the school am I then screwed? Do/can local LEO's enforce it, ect.

Link to the sub-section

Gun Control Act of 1968, 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44

https://www.atf.gov/file/58691/download

Somebodies letter to the ATF for clarification.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/batf_school_zone.pdf

IANAL. Practical concerns? Not really IMO, I've never heard of an arrest or prosecution under this statute in the type of situation you are describing. If you go into a school zone with the intent to start shooting up the place you may have problems, but then again you will most likely have bigger problems than this if that is the case. Or if you go and do the walk by with slung rifle protest out of state there could be problems. Just driving by? Highly unlikely.

Local LEO can't enforce fed laws, but iirc they can hold you until the feds get there. Or document and turn over to the feds for prosecution.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I have an Indiana LTCH. I was in greenfield Wisconsin once. Kids were playing in the park. Long and short of it, cop and I have a very pleasant consensual encounter. He informs me that I'm on the edge of a school zone and if I wasn't licensed, I could have problems, but if I was licensed I'm OK. (the parking lot where I was parked was within the1000' perimeter). He was looking out for me. Never mentioned trouble since my LTCH was from out of state.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom