• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I noticed the same thing last time I was in my local shop. My brother was looking to get a new one an they told him they were out of stock on both models he was interested in:dunno:

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    They seem to be few and far between locally, as well.
    Even the used ones quickly vanish.........

That's why, when I ran across a new Colt Commander at a local shop 3 weeks ago, I snatched it up. Colts also seem to be scarce.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Because they are so popular that they have a hard time keeping them on the shelf?
    The best answer that I have heard is that they are pushing the XD platform, and not paying as much attention to the 1911 line. It is unfortunate, because I prefer the 1911 over the XD any day of the week. I know that it is a decent pistol, but to me, the XD kinda resembles what I would think a High Point imitating a Glock would look like.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Because they are so popular that they have a hard time keeping them on the shelf?
    The best answer that I have heard is that they are pushing the XD platform, and not paying as much attention to the 1911 line. It is unfortunate, because I prefer the 1911 over the XD any day of the week. I know that it is a decent pistol, but to me, the XD kinda resembles what I would think a High Point imitating a Glock would look like.

You may want to evaluate the source for your information.

The XD line of pistols has nothing at all to do with their1911 line. The XD's are produced 100% in Croatia by HS Produkt, and Springfield only has to provide the marketing and distribution network for the pistols. The 1911's are produced either completed or partially completed by Imbel which is a Brazilian State company. Springfield once again simply has to market and distribute Imbel's product under the Springfield namem except for the partially finished slides and frames that Springfield's US factory provides the final finish.

I can't imagine how either of their pistol lines could be affected by one another. I can see where supply chain issues from Croatia or Brazil might affect product availability. I really think that the issue is more about the inability to keep up with current demand than anything else.

I do however, share your opinion of the High Point/Glock blending. :D

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I noticed the same thing last time I was in my local shop.

They seem to be few and far between locally, as well.
    Even the used ones quickly vanish.........

This has been the case for Springfield for some time.
    It's really frustrating. I've decided to go that direction after I saw a Champion Loaded, and miraculously the spousal unit said "go for it, you've got a birthday coming up and I'll help"...I say "miraculously" because the last time we had a conversation about it he said, "No more guns! You have enough! You only have two hands!!" So anyhow... Springfield is harshing my mellow.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    JetGirl, maybe this would be a reason to look into a Fusion kit, and build the 1911 of your dreams. I like my Springfields, but if I were having difficulty finding the one I wanted, I would seriously think about building the "ONE" that makes me tingle.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    JetGirl, maybe this would be a reason to look into a Fusion kit, and build the 1911 of your dreams. I like my Springfields, but if I were having difficulty finding the one I wanted, I would seriously think about building the "ONE" that makes me tingle.
    I just found out that they actually keep reserves for employee discounts as incentive. I ordered one tonight.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    What is up with Springfield and their "Out Of Stock" status with nearly all their 1911s??

They've been very hard to get for about the last 9 months or so; pretty much all their 1911 models are "allocated" with our distributors, meaning the company gets "X" number in at a time, and they are divvied up amongst all the sales reps, who in turn divvy them up among all their various dealer accounts.

That said, we have been offered more in the last month or so than we have in the entire 8 months prior, so maybe there's hope. We currently have a couple Micros, a Champion Operator and a handful of Range Officers in-stock. I still can't call and get them on-demand, though. :xmad:

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    The S/A Champion is still on my bucket list of handguns as well,too bad they are pushing the XD line ,the 1911's are my favorite flavor

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    The S/A Champion is still on my bucket list of handguns as well,too bad they are pushing the XD line ,the 1911's are my favorite flavor

I ordered the Champion Lightweight.
    I'll likely switch to a flat mainspring housing and a grip safety with swept beaver-tail and memory bump... but the rest is just what I wanted and the price was right.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I like that same set up on my 1911's ,wife always sez "get what you want or you will want it again later"
    (some day Ill learn the quote pasting thing)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    At the bottom of the comment you want to quote,
    click the button that looks like this:
    quote.gif

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Could it be a marketing ploy?

They make a limited number to keep interest up and make it a special
    hard to get item. More people will be interested if they hear it takes 9
    months plus to get one.

"Wow, must be something special about these if you are on a waiting list."

The"original posted by " caption with the little quote that you can paste on to the reply page so you know what you are replying to

One day I will figure that out too.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Oh, and if you want to quote more than one person, go through all the comments
    clicking the
    multiquote_off.gif
    in each one...then when you click
    reply.gif
    , they will ALL show up in your reply.

Top Bottom