Out of waistband holster for conceal carry with hoodie ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scottcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2016
    Avon
    How do you feel about outside the waste carry with something like a hoodie to co eal ? I just got my ltch finally !!! I think I'm more likely to conceal carry most places. Winter is here and I'll wear a hooded sweatshirt most days. I think outside the wasteband will be a little more comfortable. Anyone got pointers on concealment. Also always love reading open vs conceal pov. Thanks :ingo:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    How do you feel about outside the waste carry with something like a hoodie to co eal ? I just got my ltch finally !!! I think I'm more likely to conceal carry most places. Winter is here and I'll wear a hooded sweatshirt most days. I think outside the wasteband will be a little more comfortable. Anyone got pointers on concealment. Also always love reading open vs conceal pov. Thanks :ingo:

Owb carry for a Ruger Lcp or a Beretta 92 or something in between?

As far as pointers with a good holster its not going anywhere so no need to check to see if its still there.

My personal favorite is a Galco Cop series. Offers good retention, tight to the body carry. Really you just need to go somewhere where they either have a blue gun or will let you try what ever your edc is.

I would highly Recommend Green's Military and Police, but they would be a tad too far.
    But really find a good store and see what works, and don't skimp on the carry belt.

Scottcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2016
    Avon
    Thanks for the tips. Yeah I have seen some really bad open carry belts choices. Holster and gun flapping around hanging down like a chain wallet lol I won't be that guy

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    I carry a G19 OWB all the time with a sweatshirt, it works perfect for me. A good holster and a great belt does indeed make all the difference. I wish I would have heeded that advice early on when I first started carrying.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Well been doing it IWB all day under my blue MICHIGAN sweatshirt. Not he same as your OWB requirement, but a good Kydex IWB works for me. I do notice that bending and twisting around in it sometimes it rides up and exposes my grip and set up, but I don't care about that.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I currently carry in a Kramer leather scabbard, OWB. I also have used a Kramer Vertical Scabbard. Comes down to canted or not - which you like better.

As far as pointers from someone who OWB carries...

1. Quality belt made for carrying a gun.
    2. I wear two shirts most always. A t-shirt tucked in, and a larger overshirt or sweater or hoodie, etc. It keeps the gun off my skin and sweat off the gun.
    3. My overshirts are a size larger to help prevent printing and be comfortable.

Leather Gun Scabbard ? Gun Holsters for Sale| Kramer Handgun Leather

Last edited:

BluBlur

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2015
    Well been doing it IWB all day under my blue MICHIGAN sweatshirt. Not he same as your OWB requirement, but a good Kydex IWB works for me. I do notice that bending and twisting around in it sometimes it rides up and exposes my grip and set up, but I don't care about that.
    I normally carry my g19 iwb in a vedder light tuck. When winter comes around my edc changes into a vedder owb which is normally covered by a hoodie or track jacket. I admit I used to use a leather belt until I noticed myself adjusting the gun all the time. I bought a dedicated gun belt made by soe and I cannot believe I waited so long. My shirts too, sometimes rise over the handle when gettin out of the car or bending over.

Koven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Leo
    I love the Don Hume holsters, but my 1911 with a compensator that I carry every once in a while sticks out of my jacket. I still carry it, looks kinda funny haha.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I carry a G23 OWB under a hoodie or jacket all the time. It's really the only good thing about it getting colder outside. Rarely use my supertuck outside of summer.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    unless you wear tight jeans, you may find IWB more comfy. I gave up carrying OWB because it isnt as well supported and and I find it fatigues me more with pressure points. After a full day I can tell under my belt on my weak side, as well as below my belt on my strong side.

However in my Supertuck IWB, the friction of the leather against my hip helps support it, plus it isnt sticking out as far to cantilever its weight.

While carrying OWB isnt bad, I literally forget I'm carrying IWB it is so comfortable.

And even when I OC, I still carry IWB, just at the 3 instead of the 5. Under a jacket the 5 causes it to disappear. But I dont like it that far back when exposed.

Top Bottom