• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PA2Ind

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    St. Joseph Co.
    Can anyone tell me of any out door ranges near South Bend? I would like to know about them in this order:
    1. Out doors free public ranges
    2. Out doors public ranges with a fee
    3. Out doors private ranges(with or without a fee)

Thanks for any sugguestions.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Check out Young's long shot just east of you - 50 to 1000yrd - steel plates every target zone - clubhouse with 5 indoor shooting stations and a second floor prone area - it is private but you're close enough to take advantage of it - I'm 3hrs away and still love the place -

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I a member at St Joseph Restoration Club and love it. They have three ranges: 25 yr Pistol, skeet and 100 yr rifle. I shoot mainly pistol, although I occasionally take out the AR. Yes there is a yearly fee. No, it is not prorated by month. Yes it is worth it. You get and key and can go anytime the range is open, unlock the gate and blast away. Lock on your way out.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    willough slough is a bit of a drive, but a really nice outdoor FREE range if you can deal with the Illinois folk. joking. but i love it there. and everyone is kind enough to clean up after themselves.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I a member at St Joseph Restoration Club and love it. They have three ranges: 25 yr Pistol, skeet and 100 yr rifle. I shoot mainly pistol, although I occasionally take out the AR. Yes there is a yearly fee. No, it is not prorated by month. Yes it is worth it. You get and key and can go anytime the range is open, unlock the gate and blast away. Lock on your way out.

When you go to this range, or any outdoor range, do they already have targets set up at 25yards or can you walk down the lane and set up your own at whatever distance you prefer to gain proficiency?

(asking because I haven't been to an outdoor range before)

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    When you go to this range, or any outdoor range, do they already have targets set up at 25yards or can you walk down the lane and set up your own at whatever distance you prefer to gain proficiency?

(asking because I haven't been to an outdoor range before)

Its different for all ranges. Some let you set up targets at any distance in you lane. Some want it right up against built in berms. Most of them you have to bring your own targets though.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    Its different for all ranges. Some let you set up targets at any distance in you lane. Some want it right up against built in berms. Most of them you have to bring your own targets though.

You provide your own targets at SJCRC. The pistol range has no club provided target stands, but there are usually some left by others. You must shoot from the firing line. The rifle/other range has backstops at 25/50/100 yds. All targets must be on or at the backstops. If no other shooters on the line, you may move up closer to fire. The club does provide targets and stands for shooting matches.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    On a side note, I dont live anywhere near the SJRC but i have a couple friends that do and did belong to it. It is a very nice range that is well kept. Their "pistol pit" is nice with deep dug in berms. The rifle range is very nice and covered for those days when the weather isnt going along with your plans. I didnt shoot skeet there but the space for it looked very nice.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Check out Young's long shot just east of you - 50 to 1000yrd - steel plates every target zone - clubhouse with 5 indoor shooting stations and a second floor prone area - it is private but you're close enough to take advantage of it - I'm 3hrs away and still love the place -

Looks like a great place, and within an hour of Ft Wayne. It may be a little far, and it requires membership, so it may not be what you are looking for. Good info on the website, but its missing membership pricing info.

Top Bottom