• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    They just got 9mm and .40 Shields in. I saw 11, 10 still in boxes being checked in and one in the case. Well, 9 in the box now. A .40 is in my trunk now. :D

Mango

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Why? You can get them between $399 and $449 all over.

I was looking for an M&P40 and stopped in there, they had one for 619.99, I went over to ITP and bought the same gun for 499.99.

That place is VERY proud of their guns, and you'll likely pay through the nose to have the honor of buying one from them.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What is ITP and where are they located ??? I'm from southern Indiana.

Indy Trading Post

2851 Madison Ave Indianapolis, IN 46225

Also a very good shop to work with. The owner is a great guy and they do tend to be cheaper than Outdoorsman. I've yet to see Outdoorsman gouge, though, and if you negotiate a bit you'll find their prices aren't set in stone.

If you come to Indy, I'd recommend you check out Indy Trading Post, Beech Grove Firearms, and Outdoorsman. All are fair in their pricing, friendly, clean, and carry friendly.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    When you buy from the Outdoorsman, you pay for the convenience of them having what you want on the shelf or in the case. They have always had a selection of ammo, even hard to find ammo, but you pay a high price for it. Their prices can be beat, by any other shop.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Indy Trading Post

2851 Madison Ave Indianapolis, IN 46225

Also a very good shop to work with. The owner is a great guy and they do tend to be cheaper than Outdoorsman. I've yet to see Outdoorsman gouge, though, and if you negotiate a bit you'll find their prices aren't set in stone.

If you come to Indy, I'd recommend you check out Indy Trading Post, Beech Grove Firearms, and Outdoorsman. All are fair in their pricing, friendly, clean, and carry friendly.

Thanks everyone for the recommendation on ITP, was visiting a client in Indy today and had a few extra minutes so stopped by to look at some "mid size" 9mms Staff was friendly and selection reasonable coming out of the cray times, but no "sub compact" DA/SA 9mms at the moment, so have to go back ;-)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Beech Grove Firearms had ONE Shield in the case as of about 6pm today, marked at $409.

Yes, Outdoorsman is higher, but like Doc says, there is the convenience of having it in stock. Their prices aren't set in stone, either, don't be afraid to open your yap and bargain.

**on edit**
    The one at BGF is a .40, they have more on order but only got two .40s in and no 9's.

Mango

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    When you buy from the Outdoorsman, you pay for the convenience of them having what you want on the shelf or in the case. They have always had a selection of ammo, even hard to find ammo, but you pay a high price for it. Their prices can be beat, by any other shop.

When does it become gouging and the long knives come out to boycott them forever?

Top Bottom