Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    egads, a long course that specifies when and where targets may be engaged?

These days, to accomplish the same shooting challenge and follow the teachings of the church of freestyle, 3 hours of course construction has to happen....

[video=youtube;fBq4mMZkMRY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBq4mMZkMRY[/video]

-rvb

This one is actually legal these days for level one if the round count per position is 8 shots or less. It may be I did not count. They have not taken this away yet. But once the trains start running on time all bets are off. Work will set you free cannot be far behind.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    We could use my Serbu Super Shorty as a stage gun.

Two rounds of 12g slugs at a standard target at 10yds, harder than you think if trying to go fast. The gun holds three rounds, so you could call your shot one time!

motivator2905437.jpg

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    This one is actually legal these days for level one if the round count per position is 8 shots or less. It may be I did not count. They have not taken this away yet. But once the trains start running on time all bets are off. Work will set you free cannot be far behind.

You can specify engagement for short or med courses (20 rounds or less)

wkpjci

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Morgan county
    You were just saying the amount of rules are bad. But with all these "ideas" are they not just more rules to enforce?

Last edited:

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I think stage gun would be cool.

I've done stage guns 3 times. An 870, a J frame and a Smith .357.
    Saw a few guys get cocky with the J frame and go for head shots at 6 feet. Never having shot one, they had no idea that the front sight had to be nestled in the groove and shot over the top of the target.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've shot with stage guns a lot of times and it's always been fun. The best was a Springfield Armory Ultra Compact on a stage at the Single Stack Classic back in 1997. I don't know if someone worked on it or if it just happened to be well built from the factory, but the little thing worked. It was also a "blast" to empty it and have most of the brass in the air at the same time.

Here are some things I think that would make an outlaw match fun:

• Randomizing the targets/no-shoots, similar to what rvb mentioned. One thing that worked well in the past was having an equal number of brown and white targets. The shooter started with a giant 6-sided die with three brown faces and three white faces. The color that lands "up" is either the shoot or no-shoot, depending on the course designer's choice.
    • No divisions; shoot what you want and accept both the advantages and disadvantages of your choices.
    • Blind stages where either the shooters don't get to see the layout, or the layout changes for each shooter.
    • Low light (perhaps inside a shoothouse).
    • Varying the number of hits required on the targets.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    • Blind stages where either the shooters don't get to see the layout, or the layout changes for each shooter.
    • Low light (perhaps inside a shoothouse).

Just don't combine these.... I RO'd a dark shoothouse stage once where no one got walkthroughs. I thought I was going to get shot a couple times. At one point I had to physically take control of a pistol and move the muzzle away from my chest mid-course. it didn't help the house layout was full of RO traps. I was temped to put the timer on a lanyard on the shooter and run out of the bay after hitting the button!

-rvb

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    1997 SSC my first big match I remember the ultra compact and I believe it was "gasp" ported !

HAH! I know who you are now, Mr. M!

That's when you spotted by ultra-gamer Blade-Tech belt holster with the cutout in the front that almost went down half way the ejection port!

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    HAH! I know who you are now, Mr. M!

That's when you spotted by ultra-gamer Blade-Tech belt holster with the cutout in the front that almost went down half way the ejection port!
    Yes ,exactly the "chastising " I was referring to , my transition to the dark side is complete I will be shooting my open gamer gun on our "Idependence Day" you are free to mock me anytime Joe

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yes ,exactly the "chastising " I was referring to , my transition to the dark side is complete I will be shooting my open gamer gun on our "Idependence Day" you are free to mock me anytime Joe

Heh heh heh

I'm just glad you're back! I'll see you Saturday at RileyCC.

Top Bottom