• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    I read about someone dropping rocks and bricks from highway overpasses onto cars, trucks, etc. as they pass below. Isn't this attempted murder? I know I'm not the only one this enrages. :xmad: Comments? (I didn't see this in 'search' but someone will tell me if it's been covered.)

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Could be worse remember the guy...kid who was shooting people from the overpasses a few years ago.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Usually, the perpetrator is a confused juvenile who was picked-on in school and didn't really understand the seriousness of his actions, so he gets a stern talking-to.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    It's like the people that think it is funny to make fun of others.... they think it is funny to throw rocks.....

At the race some older high school age kids to maybe college deicded to laugh at and make fun of some girl that was wearing a bikinni top that had a chunk of extra weight on her......... they are the same type that I am sure would also throw rocks.....

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Can be many offenses, but in particular you may be thinking of Overpass Mischief.

IC 35-42-2-5

Overpass mischief

Sec. 5. (a) As used in this section, "overpass" means a bridge or other structure designed to carry vehicular or pedestrian traffic over any roadway, railroad track, or waterway.

(b) A person who knowingly, intentionally, or recklessly:
    (1) drops, causes to drop, or throws an object from an overpass; or
    (2) with intent that the object fall, places on an overpass an object that falls off the overpass; causing bodily injury to another person commits overpass mischief, a Class C felony.

However, the offense is a Class B felony if it results in serious bodily injury to another person.

C Felony: 2 to 8 years, up to 10K fine.
    B Felony: 6 to 20 yeas, up to 10K fine.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    MISCHIEF! :D

I remember when I was in Ohio, there was a guy arrested for firing a .410 from NUMEROUS overpasses on the eastern side of Ohio. One of the routes I used to take (and the girlfriend at the time) to get from her college to mine for visiting. VERY scary, knowing that I or her might be the selected one to have a brass bead track my front windshield, with nothing I could do about it! Took the State Patrol a few months if I remember correctly to catch the guy. Unfortunately, there were a few copy cats that took it up, so the terror wasn't over for at least half a year after that...

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    It's like the people that think it is funny to make fun of others.... they think it is funny to throw rocks.....

At the race some older high school age kids to maybe college deicded to laugh at and make fun of some girl that was wearing a bikinni top that had a chunk of extra weight on her......... they are the same type that I am sure would also throw rocks.....

So there's some relationship between ridiculing a fat chick and committing a criminal act?

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    So there's some relationship between ridiculing a fat chick and committing a criminal act?

As a general rule from what I have seen over the years people that make fun of others in that manner tend to think that it is funny to commit criminal acts because they think it is funny.......

seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    I remembered an old case. Used 'google' and found Marsa Gipson. Putnum County. Don't have a link. I think it's still unsolved. I know the answer is "No' but it would be nice to shoot one of these bast**ds. "Hey officer, they were trying to kill me!" :rolleyes:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    As a general rule from what I have seen over the years people that make fun of others in that manner tend to think that it is funny to commit criminal acts because they think it is funny.......

I gotta completely disagree with you on this.

I would never throw rocks!
    As far as making fun...that's the point...FUN.
    I would never make fun of someone where they would become knowledgeable of it, but certainly would make fun. :) I'm talking the same kind of fun as looking at "the people of Walmart" and laughing!

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I remembered an old case. Used 'google' and found Marsa Gipson. Putnum County. Don't have a link. I think it's still unsolved. I know the answer is "No' but it would be nice to shoot one of these bast**ds. "Hey officer, they were trying to kill me!" :rolleyes:

I've seen it happen once on 80/94, I swerved and it missed my car. Another car wasn't so lucky, another rock got them in the fender. I wasn't carrying then, but I wondered if it would be justifiable to shoot the guy.

IN code allows for deadly force to protect others right? I'm sure a good lawyer might be able to convince a jury that I was in fear for the life and limb of others. :popcorn:

Top Bottom