• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    So I had been on a mission to find a W. German P228...It just called to me, something cool about it, great track record, I love Sig. After finding and having it now for awhile, I almost am starting to think it is a bit small for me...Here's my dilemma. I love the P228 no questions about it, and I shoot prettty well, but it seems I'm really having to watch index finger trigger placement with it, and almost bulge my index finger out so it fits the trigger just right so I can connect perfectly. With double action my shots are a lot better, but single action leads me to shoot a bit left (I know it's me and not the gun...I'm not top shot.) Anyways...I've been thinking about my time with the HK USPc and how the trigger always felt "right" ....so here's my question: Should I just practice more with the Sig until it becomes comfortable, or should I sell and get another USPc. I'm not trying to keep both...Just trying to figure out if I'm being too picky (comfort and trigger pull wise) or if it is a legitimate concern. Basically my finger is just too long :(

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Send me the 228 and go buy whatever you want!

How long have you been shooting the 228? I suppose, if you don't care for it or can't get used to it, then it's gotta go. As much as I am a SIG guy and prefer the triggers on my SIGs over my HKs, everyone is different and its obviously difficult for you to get used to the trigger on the 228.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    Some guns just aren't comfortable to shoot for some people. Not that I have anything against Glocks, they are decent firearms, but I can't find one that feels good to me and believe me I've tried and lost more than a little money tradin' this for that etc. The Springfield XD series is the same, I've tried a couple of those and they just don't work for me. I wind up flinching so badly I can't hit the broad side of a barn. That trigger safety literally bugs me. It's not that they are bad or terrible firearms, they just don't work well for me. I've found there are times when you literally go through a dozen or so different firearms before you find one that fits, works well for you and just feels good. Another weird thing, just because Brand X Model XXX-XXX fits, works and feels good doesn't necessarily mean that if you sell it that later in life another Brand X Model XXX_XXX will, fit, work and feel exactly the same.

Yea I know, I've got eccentric tendencies....

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    My 228 has the figure 8 sights. They took a while to get use to. The Trigger took time too. It's a great gun with some practice. I still go back to my 1911 but I would not fear the gun as a carry. Practice. practice.

Top Bottom