• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I am looking at upgrading parts in my P229. SRT and ELS from Gray Guns seem like no brainers.

But then I see that Armory Craft has upgrades too.

Wondering if anyone has experiences with either or both?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The thing I prefer with the GrayGuns SRT is that the sear is a tool steel part vs NPM plated factory on others. I'm running from memory here, so I might be thinking about TheSigArmorer but am pretty sure that it was ArmoryCraft.

On recent builds, I've left the stock trigger in place and just added the SRT and fat strut of some type. Sometimes the strut makes a difference, sometimes it doesn't.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've sent a few P2XX to the Sig Custom Shop. Prices were surprisingly competitive with non-OEM shops and I've been happy with the resutls. Gray Guns was my back up choice, FWIW.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    For me, it's the tool steel sear.
    Ok, I do get it.
    I will say that I own two P226's that I bought in 84, both pistols have 10's of thousands of rds through each without any failed parts along the way..
    Both have been factory rebuilt twice???? in there lives. So, I dont know if those parts have been replaced or not.
    It might just be worth the extra 30 bucks.
    Thanks.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    To be honest, I can't say that there's a big difference in feel among my Sigs that have the GG sear and those that have the factory SRT that comes from the sear itself. All of my Sigs have SRTs of some sort. Some also have fat struts and some have GG triggers. They all work and some feel better than others, but with the mix of formulas, who's to say if that tool steel sear is actually making a meaningful difference.

When it comes right down to it, I've added SRTs based on what's available at times. If GG is OOS, I'll source a factory kit and call it done. But, the GG SRT is my first choice due to the tool steel. Hanging around with CM and talking 1911s gave me a definite preference for tool steel in certain parts.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I have the GG SRT in my HK P30LS.
    I will be adding a GG SRT to the P30L.

That said, I have an AC adjustable flat trigger (and other AC parts) in my P320 "Franken-gun," and I love that trigger as well.
    The adjustable trigger allowed me to remove the take-up slack and over-travel...MUCH better than stock.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Ok, I do get it.
    I will say that I own two P226's that I bought in 84, both pistols have 10's of thousands of rds through each without any failed parts along the way..
    Both have been factory rebuilt twice???? in there lives. So, I dont know if those parts have been replaced or not.
    It might just be worth the extra 30 bucks.
    Thanks.

I've got a P226 that's a touch over 80k rounds and countless hours of dry fire. The only parts that ever broke were the front sight and the decocking lever, both around 60-65k-ish IIRC.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I've got a P226 that's a touch over 80k rounds and countless hours of dry fire. The only parts that ever broke were the front sight and the decocking lever, both around 60-65k-ish IIRC.
    I'm with you, The P22X line truly Will take one To Hell and Back.
    I wish I had kept a reasonable round count on a few firearms I own.
    I have had very few firearm failures in my life, I can say with two Para Ordnance 1911's built in Canada had huge MIM parts failures. A Python I bought new that I shot out of time twice.
    I think thats about it, I have never had a failure with any of my Sig pistols.

Top Bottom