• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    They are all still recoil operated, tilt-barrel handguns fed from a magazine inserted in to the grip.

9kWGqp3.jpg

John Moses Browning called, he wants his design back

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    The VP70 came out in the time of the Dirty Harry movies, where everyone wanted a model 29 and police were carrying revolvers so everyone else wanted a revolver. When polymer guns was unthinkable

For coming out in 1970 and glock not coming out with a pistol until at least 10 years later was monumental and without the VP70 there could be a possibility the glock would never have been

HK is HK, they never gave anything away and they never had to. (well, until recently and the whoring out of the VP9). Glock damn near gave away their pistols to promote themselves

AND

Just about everything gets improved upon over time, but first is always the Pioneer !

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    After Sig P320 owners start getting their "upgraded" pistols back and the dust settles, everyone will soon forget about this, just like the Glock, Colt, Remington, et al transgressions.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    After Sig P320 owners start getting their "upgraded" pistols back and the dust settles, everyone will soon forget about this, just like the Glock, Colt, Remington, et al transgressions.

Yup. Which is why we get the QC we get.

How many owners are even aware of the issue, blow it off as "I just never drop guns", etc.

Last edited:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

Well clearly it won't be forgotten, you listing other examples shows this. It will most likely though be forgiven.

I was a little surprised to see that there are some instructors out there temporarily banning the 320 in class.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    "Completely different." :): Have you ever field stripped another brand polymer frame, striker fired pistol and compared the internals? Most of them are variations on the Glock theme. They are all still recoil operated, tilt-barrel handguns fed from a magazine inserted in to the grip. They are only "completely different" in the same way that a Ford F150 is "completely different" than a Chevy Silverado.

And "pointless" is in the eye of the beholder. Is it pointless to have more than one brand of pickup truck available? Variety is the spice of life.

I've field stripped and worked on many, and if you're asking if I've ever field stripped another striker fired pistol, I think I can ask you the same if you've had.

Yes the are recoil operated, tilt barrel and magazine fed, and the strikers are cocked on a sear, but the guts are totally different. Yes, they provide the send end result, a round being fired, but the internals on how they get the job done is different.

Strikers pistols have been around 100 years, you act like Glock happened before them and every semi auto pistol has been copied from a glock, even those that happened 90 years before them

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Well clearly it won't be forgotten, you listing other examples shows this. It will most likely though be forgiven.

I was a little surprised to see that there are some instructors out there temporarily banning the 320 in class.
    People have short memories. Probably a prudent decision to reduce liability, if giving instruction. Better safe than sorry.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Yup. Which is why we get the QC we get.

How many owners are even aware of the issue, blow it off as "I just never guns", etc.
    Yeah, I'm really glad I bought an F-150 with the steel bed. Have you seen what dropping large chunks of concrete into the bed do to those aluminum beds? Chevrolet is incensed!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Question is this....will your apex and GG triggers work after the "upgrade". If not then you can either leave them be or ship them back to the mothership and flush that money spent on the apex and GG triggers

My P320 nor the GG trigger is going anywhere. I see no need for this "upgrade" for my personal use.

ETA: my suspicion is that the resulting P320 "upgrade" trigger will make a factory glock trigger feel like a match trigger. No thanks. The infinitesimally small risk of AD is worth the near 100% certainty of Sig ruining the P320 trigger.

Last edited:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    The Sig P250 was a piece of junk when it came out, and the P320 is nothing but a modified P250.
    This is no surprise. The Army will find out soon enough.

I don't think you ever shot an actual P250, have you? Yes, the Compact versions had some problems. Yes, those were fixed, and like all the other P250s, they were EXCELLENT pistols.

But alas, Sig cut them loose. More's the pity.

INPoolPlayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    NOBLESVILLE
    I was so close to pulling the trigger (no pun intended) on a new P320 two weeks ago, and decided to wait and do some more research and shooting. Man am I glad I did. Not that Sig won't make it right eventually, but just the fact that if I had to send my brand new gun back to the factory a week after I bought it I would have been ticked. Instead I bought a new FN 509, and I'm loving it. Not to say I won't buy a Sig or even a 320 in the future, but it seems like right now my timing was pretty good.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    from what i have seen on the interwebs (get grain of salt ready, maybe even some tequila), is the x5 model does not display this issue as the trigger is too light. maybe the result of an actual recall might be to give these things a more match like trigger to keep the inertia down on the trigger itself. these people could get their pistols back and think, dag gone it, this is the nicest trigger i have ever shot (doubt it, but, who knows).

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My P320 nor the GG trigger is going anywhere. I see no need for this "upgrade" for my personal use.

ETA: my suspicion is that the resulting P320 "upgrade" trigger will make a factory glock trigger feel like a match trigger. No thanks. The infinitesimally small risk of AD is worth the near 100% certainty of Sig ruining the P320 trigger.
    I won't be sening mine in right away just to see if this is the case.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I don't think you ever shot an actual P250, have you? Yes, the Compact versions had some problems. Yes, those were fixed, and like all the other P250s, they were EXCELLENT pistols.

But alas, Sig cut them loose. More's the pity.

I used to own a P250 compact .40 when they first came out. Less reliable than a S&W Sigma. I didn't mind the trigger, as I grew up with DA revolvers, but only a Fudd will say that it's better than today's striker fired triggers.

I can't comment on the P320's trigger, as I've yet to dry fire 2 that are the same.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

As I've mentioned, many years ago, I had a S&W model 36 with 3" barrel fall out of an upside down shoulder holster, while I was wearing it and engaged in strenuous activity (get your mind out of the gutter). The revolver fell on the hammer spur, hard enough to break it. The hammer block probably saved me from serious injury or worse. At that moment, I quit upside down shoulder holsters. Although the chances of me dropping my one and only Sig, a recently purchased P320, are remote, I'll send mine in for the "voluntary upgrade", even though the trigger pull and trigger reach were big factors in my purchase. It may be months from now, but I'll happily give my opinion of the "upgraded" trigger pull. I'm hoping for the best.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    It's the 14th...anyone see the details, yet? Not that I'm going to be first in line for this, but I may send one of mine in to see how it turns out before I send in my carry gun.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    from what i have seen on the interwebs (get grain of salt ready, maybe even some tequila), is the x5 model does not display this issue as the trigger is too light. maybe the result of an actual recall might be to give these things a more match like trigger to keep the inertia down on the trigger itself. these people could get their pistols back and think, dag gone it, this is the nicest trigger i have ever shot (doubt it, but, who knows).

The x5 trigger is very nice but not what I'm used to. It has a smooth soft sponge feeling right up to a nearly imperceptible wall & a sproing type break. ATurk did really well at Friday Night Steel using his.

It would take some practice for me to get used to that type of trigger. I tend to stage at the wall then pull through the break.

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC

I have a X5, I was not too thrilled with the trigger from the factory, so I sent it out to be worked. It's still not GREAT, but it's much improved. This is just me being a trigger snob though. With a few upgrades, the gun now shoots softer AND flatter than it did from the factory. I'm still learning the gun (1500 rounds through it now), but so far I love it.

It looks like the X5 is showing as a candidate for the voluntary recall, but since mine is worked over and is just a competition gun, I won't be sending it back.

I do want a X-Carry model, so I'll wait for those to ship with the new trigger before I grab one. Hopefully soon. And hopefully the new triggers can be worked over a little bit.

Top Bottom