• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Actually I'm a righty. I'm guessing you say that based on my light on my SBR. I mounted it low like that on the right for 2 reasons.

1...with the way I have my sling mounted on the left side of the gun, and the Troy from BUIS, there isn't a lot of room for the light in the high and right position that I typically run on my 16" uppers.

2...with the shorter barrel I actually try to fully wrap the vertical grip so I keep my hand away from the muzzle. That puts my thumb right on the back of the flashlight.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Actually I'm a righty. I'm guessing you say that based on my light on my SBR. I mounted it low like that on the right for 2 reasons.

1...with the way I have my sling mounted on the left side of the gun, and the Troy from BUIS, there isn't a lot of room for the light in the high and right position that I typically run on my 16" uppers.

2...with the shorter barrel I actually try to fully wrap the vertical grip so I keep my hand away from the muzzle. That puts my thumb right on the back of the flashlight.

Totally makes sense, it was the light in combination with the ambi safety that got me wondering.

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    Here's a savage Axis I duracoated for a buddy, in kind of a wetlands grass camo.
    0716031857_zps6d748ea2.jpg

Attachments

• 0716031857_zps6d748ea2.jpg
      0716031857_zps6d748ea2.jpg
      68.1 KB · Views: 4

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I just painted my rifle today,i was looking to go tan for fall and winter.I have never painted a rifle in my life,so am a little nervous.I used rustoleum spray that is called STONE TEXTURED so I could get a textured finish for a better grip.I am letting it dry as I type this.Its looking excellent so far, Its something you might want to try out, going to put possibly flat brown camo spray paint on it to break it up a little.The rifle is a ruger american with a synthetic stock.Saw this posting so I thought I would throw this in.Just something to consider.

Top Bottom