• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I decided to make my AR more cosmetically pleasing (to me at any rate) by painting the lower receiver of my PSA Middy.

The Supplies:
    Testor's Thinner
    Testor's Flat Red
    Testor's Flat White
    Toothpicks
    CLP and patches

All I did was pour a bit of paint and mix with a few drops of thinner. I then filled in the rollmarks using the toothpicks and wiped off the excess using a clean patch. After letting the paint dry overnight, I then used a small amount of CLP on a patch and cleaned up the areas using a wax-on type method.

For a first attempt, I think my lower looks pretty sharp.
    20120101070653.jpg

daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Looks good, had a buddy do his using whiteout and red finger nail polish. I really like that latch to close your bolt, not sure what its called but you know what i'm talking about. What kind is it?

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    it's a Magpul BAD Lever. I wasn't sure about it when I bought it, but i really like it. I have one on my Colt as well. I had one on my A4, but for some reason it caused the bolt to lock back after every round when using GI mags. I uninstalled it and the problem stopped.

daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Thanks for the info, I'm going to try one. I shot left handed, so I pull my charging handle back with my left hand and its very difficult to reach under with my right hand to close the bolt. How hard are they to install? Did you do it yourself?

Top Bottom