• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    It was great to meet those of you I haven't met before and learn together. I'll wait for Jackson's AAR, but wanted to thank the Paladin guys and all of my fellow students for a great Saturday. It was a pleasure.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    It was great to meet those of you I haven't met before and learn together. I'll wait for Jackson's AAR, but wanted to thank the Paladin guys and all of my fellow students for a great Saturday. It was a pleasure.

Always so much pressure. When are you getting this car deal together?

I should start a training group.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    It was a great class, and something completely different for me. Many thanks to Mike and Josh and everyone who attended the class for making it an excellent learning experience.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I also haven't got anything to teach anyone.

You should teach modesty, you're an expert in the field. :)

You have a fairly extensive training background, a good meter of what is BS and what is actually useful, and you are able to articulate the material well. That already puts you ahead of some who try and do it for a living.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    You should teach modesty, you're an expert in the field. :)

You have a fairly extensive training background, a good meter of what is BS and what is actually useful, and you are able to articulate the material well. That already puts you ahead of some who try and do it for a living.

Most of the training I've had is pretty gun-centric. I certainly have no business teaching much else, and there are lots better resources for the stuff I do know. I'm also not too creative about coming up with drills and exercises.

I'd be happy to get together with some people and drill some grappling/BJJ stuff. I know just enough to try to remember [STRIKE]all[/STRIKE] some the things I'm not supposed to do. Then I get a little brain freeze cycling through all the things not to do, and get pretty well nowhere. You saw that when I was on the mat with iCP. "Don't put your hand there, don't put your foot up here...." is pretty much the extent of my thought process when I'm on the mat. I tend to be an over-thinker.

I guess I'd want to work the things I'm not good at doing. Wrestling, grappling, weapons access, retention, knives, etc. For most of that I really don't even have a starting point. I would like to do peoriodic low-light shooting as well.

Last edited:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    This is from the portion of class where Mike taught us how to put an attacker to sleep using Jedi mind control. Josh woke up later feeling completely refreshed and having no memory of strutting around the room clucking like a chicken.

WL5TUzrJ

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    This is from the portion of class where Mike taught us how to put an attacker to sleep using Jedi mind control. Josh woke up later feeling completely refreshed and having no memory of strutting around the room clucking like a chicken.

Believe it or not, I noticed you taking that picture. I was afraid it would lead to a misrepresentation about hugging...glad you kept it honest!

In all seriousness, I had a great time and was happy to meet so many INGOers in person. If a training group gets together I'll try to come down for some sessions.

brianheeter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    Late to the party.... Thanks to Josh and Mike for putting on the class and sharing your knowledge. I have been doing kickboxing/jiu-jitsu/MMA stuff for years but you guys forced me to look at things from a "confrontation" perspective where I am used to a "sport" perspective. I found the pre-fight indicators discussion particularly interesting and the MUC exercise very good.

It was also great to meet some of the colorful INGO personalities. I was relieved to see that iChokePeople looks nothing like his avatar.

Thanks to Jeepcrazed and Riley Conservation Club for hosting.

C ya,

brian

Top Bottom