• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Reminds of of RIA a bit, especially logo.... speaking of which, you could almost buy two RIA 1911's for the price of one of these.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would assume they are a bit higher than where they will end up. If I was PSA, with all the buzz and waiting people have been doing, I would start out higher, sell all you could at that level and then put them at a "sale price" like most everything they sell has.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's hard to say if it's worth the price until one is reviewed and taken apart. Is it safe to assume that it's a cast frame being that they specifically call out the forged slide? What it has internally will also tell whether or not it's priced well. $800 1911s are not that rare and they run the gamut from just good to great. What's inside and how well it was put together will help tell where it falls in that price point. For that money, you can buy a basic Colt that comes with a forged frame and slide, but with MIM internals and a plastic MSH.

I will agree that a nicely blued 1911 is welcome at that price point.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'd really love to see some detail shots of the internals. That's what will make or break this 1911 for me. Sales photos are just like the photos people post on dating sites. They don't tell half the story on a 1911.

Oh, and JMarriott is right. The $799 price might just be to set the base price so it becomes a screaming deal at $499 when they do their 4th of July and Black Friday sales. I picked up a Sig 938 SAS last fall from them for $499. Those are normally between $650 and $750 everywhere else.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    For the price, I'd rather have a Springfield any day of the week. The SA comes with the proper series 70 design and a no-nonsense lifetime warranty... Let's not forget resale value as well.

88E30M50 -
    The $799 price might just be to set the base price so it becomes a screaming deal at $499 when they do their 4th of July and Black Friday sales.
    If what you say is true, then the $499 price becomes the accepted "top" value of the pistol for trade or resale... No matter how much you actually paid for it during the rest of the year.

Top Bottom