Panic Again??? PSA SOLD OUT of ALL Rifle Kits, WTH???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I just helped a neighbor build his first ar. He got it all ordered Wednesday before black friday. But that Sunday evening psa was already sold out of almost everything ar.
    Sop for psa this time of year.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Yea looking more like holiday sales. This is the time of year when PSA runs out of everything. Happens every year. Black Friday, followed by Cyber Monday, and then straight into "AR-15 Days of Christmas". When you have some of the best deals on the Internet, you're going to sell out quickly.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Two separate family members called me up (as they know what my hobby is), and said: "I need to get my permit - how do I go about it?"

As someone wisely pointed out, they've built the fence, and now it's getting electrified. People are deciding which side they are on.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Nope. It's from Black Friday / Cyber Monday. PSA sold a TON. They're catching up on filling orders before they put stuff back up on their site.

Lots of other options out there that are readily available. I picked up a DD upper for not much more than a PSA.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I saw this, too. Last Thursday was |.......| that close to ordering a pistol buffer kit - great deal on it. Now it is gone, along with a lower parts kit I had looked at the week before.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    PSA is always running out of stuff. It seems like every time I go to them to pick up something they have on sale it's out of stock.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    PSA seems to be in stock on lowers and lower parts kits... I was about to order an LPK from them, but I think I'm going to wait till they run free shipping or something, I'm not really in any rush.

Nope. It's from Black Friday / Cyber Monday. PSA sold a TON. They're catching up on filling orders before they put stuff back up on their site.

Lots of other options out there that are readily available. I picked up a DD upper for not much more than a PSA.

Just curious but how much more is "not that much more" I'd love to get ahold of a DD upper for not much more than PSA prices! Some good black friday sale I missed??

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    Nothing to be surprised at here. Time of year and present circumstances of our nation and world.

Yeah, I don't think this is going to be anything like the Great Panic of '12-'13, but the timing is bad for even a small amount of rustled jimmies. Holiday season normally has a bunch of stuff depleted at the wholesaler level anyhow.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    PSA is always running out of stuff. It seems like every time I go to them to pick up something they have on sale it's out of stock.

I agree with this. PSA has gained so much positive attention in recent years, their sale items don't last long. Add that to the fact that they hand pick and piece together their kits and uppers, it seems like the sale items they do offer are limited from the start.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    DD upper with BCG and CH for $550. Not too much more than PSA if you're talking about PSA premium or CHF, which is the only stuff from them I would consider worth looking at.

Westernsport was/is running a special.

PSA seems to be in stock on lowers and lower parts kits... I was about to order an LPK from them, but I think I'm going to wait till they run free shipping or something, I'm not really in any rush.

Just curious but how much more is "not that much more" I'd love to get ahold of a DD upper for not much more than PSA prices! Some good black friday sale I missed??

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Don't know about PSA but Bud's has a pop up saying somthing about shipping delays do to high volume of orders. Classic Firearms has something similar but both hint more toward holiday shopping. Atlantic Firearms outright says do to panic buying their shipping is delayed and sight may be slow. But none of them seem to be selling out of anything EBR related.

This doesn't feel like the last one, this feels like Christmas shopping, and I don't think it will reach critical mass like it did.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Glad I saw the thread. I stopped by my LGS today and he was selling things faster than he could get things out. He got 10 Bushmasters in and sold all of the in 3 hours. I'm not a panic buyer but wondering if I should buy a lower now for a 300 blackout that I want to build in the future.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I agree that there has just been a lot of buying this year. I've had several people tell me they ordered/bought their first rifle or pistol recently. I've just been picking up mags and ammo as I see a deal.

Palmetto didn't seem to have a lot in stock for black Friday to begin with, so it doesn't surprise me that they sold out of almost everything.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yup, my mom just picked up a 357 revolver. She's never owned a gun, and hardly shot anything before. Just lots of buying right now. Not panic buying, just buying in general.

I agree that there has just been a lot of buying this year. I've had several people tell me they ordered/bought their first rifle or pistol recently. I've just been picking up mags and ammo as I see a deal.

Palmetto didn't seem to have a lot in stock for black Friday to begin with, so it doesn't surprise me that they sold out of almost everything.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I think this is just pre-panic buying. The panic is coming and this time everyone sees it. ARs and AR parts have been so stupid cheap nobody can pass them up.

As far as PSA, they started their Black Friday Sale early. I bought from them Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri, and Sat as items floated in and out of stock. I didn't catch the deal on 9mm Metal Form mags until December first. Pretty much everything has been gone since the week of Thanksgiving.

Top Bottom