• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I don't see why the police feel the need to tase people who don't want to go to the doctor. Suicide is illegal I hear, but until the crime is commited I feel they have no right. What really boggles me, is why would a police officer want to **** off EMTs AKA the ones to come whey the cops get hurt. I think defending an innocent person is not worthy of prossecution, but the judge wont dismiss so we'll see what happens.

Good find btw.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Suicide is illegal I hear, but until the crime is commited I feel they have no right.
    Deliberate indifference. If you're going to off yourself don't be a candy ass and tell everyone so they will call the police. Do it quietly and privately.

You threaten to kill yourself.

Loved one calls the police.

Police show up and leave.

You later kill yourself.

Guess who gets the blame?

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    :yesway:

Deliberate indifference. If you're going to off yourself don't be a candy ass and tell everyone so they will call the police. Do it quietly and privately.

You later kill yourself.

Unfortunately those attention seekers don't care about anything once they've taken the cowards exit from life.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

You later kill yourself.

As far as I'm concerned, you do for killing yourself. I never blame Person A for Person B's self-destruction.

Why?

Because it's not Person A's responsibility to protect Person B from himself. And if I'm on the jury, that's how I'll vote. I don't care how callous and indifferent Person A is.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    As far as I'm concerned, you do for killing yourself. I never blame Person A for Person B's self-destruction.

Why?

Because it's not Person A's responsibility to protect Person B from himself. And if I'm on the jury, that's how I'll vote. I don't care how callous and indifferent Person A is.
    Unfortunately you probably won't be on the jury. And I'm not letting someone else move into my house while I have to live under a bridge because I'll be spending the rest of my life making restitution payments to the family.

The person threatening suicide is probably either getting ID'd (immediate detention) to the hospital or going to jail. If you're looking for another outcome don't tell anyone so they won't call the police. :twocents:

If you don't want the police in your business...DO NOT CALL THEM!!!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    We can't let the woman harm herself, we need to harm her with the taser.

I feel for the legal repercussions leo's face in situations like this. More laws have created this mess. We need less laws.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    I'm a firefighter/EMT, and if the article is accurate, I'm with the cops on this one. The lady gave up all expecations of being delt with like an adult when she took a swing at one of the cops.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

You later kill yourself.

Unfortunately you probably won't be on the jury. And I'm not letting someone else move into my house while I have to live under a bridge because I'll be spending the rest of my life making restitution payments to the family.

The person threatening suicide is probably either getting ID'd (immediate detention) to the hospital or going to jail. If you're looking for another outcome don't tell anyone so they won't call the police. :twocents:

If you don't want the police in your business...DO NOT CALL THEM!!!

I agree completely. It's a shame that so many people will sue someone for something that isn't their fault. It's also a shame that so many judges out there let those suits go forward. And it's a shame that people call the police for every stupid thing. It's a shame that when someone calls 911 and requests an ambulance the first people that arrive are the police. If I run into a tree and I'm bleeding out through my shattered, mangled legs and I ask for an ambulance, I want a freaking ambulance, not JohnnyLawMan showing up to decide whether an ambulance is needed.

But I agree, don't call the cops if you don't want law enforcement to show up and enforce things.

All of that said, that's still how I would vote on a jury.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I'm a firefighter/EMT, and if the article is accurate, I'm with the cops on this one. The lady gave up all expecations of being delt with like an adult when she took a swing at one of the cops.

So while I was reading the part about the woman refusing a trip to the hospital because she doesn't think she's crazy and her "attempt to punch an officer and then falling down and then the officer goes to taze her and gets "bumped" by the paramedic as she tries to keep the woman from getting tazed......

all I can see in my head is the UWO "Stop resisting" video......

I'd have to say, sounds kind of fishy, at no point did the officer state that the woman or the paramedic actually laid a hand on him....

I'm all for officer safety but maybe pressing charges against an EMT for 'bumping him" seems a little too much (authoritai!) for me. But, on the other hand, if the officer had knocked the EMT out of the way forcibly I would say she had it coming for getting in the way...

This is a very thin line and there are toes on both side of it from the looks of this article.:dunno:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

You later kill yourself.

AMEN!!!!

If people wanna be cowards and kill themselves then just do it and stop being a drama queen about it. unroll some plastic out in the garage or shoot yourself in the woods. you dont even deserve a burial like a human for what your doing to others.

The cops cant just leave if they know a person has threatened themselves. I wish they could, but them the police would get blamed and thats not fair.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I don't know if she should be charged with a crime. I think a good ass chewing and department disciplinary action for endangering herself and possibly the rest of the crew would be fine.

So while I was reading the part about the woman refusing a trip to the hospital because she doesn't think she's crazy and her "attempt to punch an officer and then falling down and then the officer goes to taze her and gets "bumped" by the paramedic as she tries to keep the woman from getting tazed......

all I can see in my head is the UWO "Stop resisting" video......

I'd have to say, sounds kind of fishy, at no point did the officer state that the woman or the paramedic actually laid a hand on him....

I'm all for officer safety but maybe pressing charges against an EMT for 'bumping him" seems a little too much (authoritai!) for me. But, on the other hand, if the officer had knocked the EMT out of the way forcibly I would say she had it coming for getting in the way...

This is a very thin line and there are toes on both side of it from the looks of this article.:dunno:

Thank you guys, this thread was more of the paramedic facing charges then it was cops tasered another person thread

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Thank you guys, this thread was more of the paramedic facing charges then it was cops tasered another person thread

Yeah but unfortunately with nothing other than a link to the article, all aspects of the article are likely to be discussed depending on which parts different members key off of.

Can't just focus in on the "EMT bumps LEO, Faces charges" part of it... have to take in the whole picture.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    AMEN!!!!

If people wanna be cowards and kill themselves then just do it and stop being a drama queen about it. unroll some plastic out in the garage or shoot yourself in the woods. you dont even deserve a burial like a human for what your doing to others.

The cops cant just leave if they know a person has threatened themselves. I wish they could, but them the police would get blamed and thats not fair.
    What make people like that even more dangerous is they're usually looking to take someone with them.:eek:

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.

I understood it as she was being charged with interfering, not the bumping into. Either way I don't really think that charging her with a crime is the best way to handle it.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    AMEN!!!!

At least for the most part I think we can all agree the police were justified this time

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    What make people like that even more dangerous is they're usually looking to take someone with them.:eek:

or they want the cops to do it (suicide by cop), and then some poor officer feels guilty the rest of his life for offing a guy that didnt have the balls to do it himself, but the officer had no choice.

call me, you deusch bag cowards, i'll come and do it since your too chicken to do it yourself. but your digging the hole before i get there. one less tard in the world. that has to be good karma points, LOL

Top Bottom