Parent taking pictures of license plates @ my wife's work.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    That is what worries me. My wife does not do well under pressure. I hate to think what it would do to her to have to sit in from on a court, under oath, knowing she's under threat of perjury (not that she would ever lie)... just the thought is enough.

Why would she be under any obligation to testify?

Wouldn't they need some sort of solid legal basis for a subpoena?

Testify for what?

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Here's a solution to the problem of license plate photographs: walk (or ride a bike).

Yeah, there's no reason to be mad when some goober takes a picutre of your property. Why should you complain? Same goes for OC'ing. Just CC and problem solved. Let the police come in your house or car whenever they want. You've got nothing to hide, right? Right? Just **** away your rights and responsibilities as a citizen, that's so ancient to stand up for them.

Sorry, but I have major problems with folks like this. No one ever has a reason to take a picture of my plate without my permission unless they are a cop and have a warrant or PC to do so.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yeah, there's no reason to be mad when some goober takes a picutre of your property. Why should you complain? Same goes for OC'ing. Just CC and problem solved. Let the police come in your house or car whenever they want. You've got nothing to hide, right? Right? Just **** away your rights and responsibilities as a citizen, that's so ancient to stand up for them.

Sorry, but I have major problems with folks like this. No one ever has a reason to take a picture of my plate without my permission unless they are a cop and have a warrant or PC to do so.
    They never said it was the solution, but only that it was a solution. There are certainly other options and nobody is forcing you to ride a bike or to walk.

ChristMinded

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013

Do not park in public then maybe? :dunno:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Do not park in public then maybe? :dunno:

How does someone need permission? It is in public.

They would need permission to make money off the image.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Yea, and we shouldn't be allowed to film cops or other people during altercations or interactions without their permission or a warrant either. And we need to get rid of this 1 party consent law for recordings, we need both parties to agree to being recorded. You can't just walk around with an audio recorder in your pocket like a sneaky little snake, audio taping MY words without a warrant.

Sheesh, Klinger, nobody needs permission to take pictures. If you have that big of a problem with it, then you need to ask the operators of the business to get him trespassed, that way they can't take pictures of your plate unless they spend big bucks to get long range zooming equipment to do so. Otherwise, if you are in public, they have every right to take pictures of your car, your plate, and you as long as they don't use it commercially.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    My official stance is that I cannot prevent someone from taking a picture of me or my property.

My unofficial stance is different.

:whistle:

I had just recently purchased a house many moons ago and while doing some yardwork one afternoon a couple pulled up in front of the house and started snapping pictures. I promptly mooned them and they tore off into the sunset! Never heard any more about it!!!!:rockwoot::laugh:

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Otherwise, if you are in public, they have every right to take pictures of your car, your plate, and you as long as they don't use it commercially.

Notice I never said anything about legality. I know it's legal. However, what I meant to convey (which was hard in my rant-on mode) was that there is no reason for anyone in the public to do so. Why can't people be up front anymore about things? I work in retail, and often do a competition check on prices. When I go in, I ask for a manager and ensure that it is ok for me to do so. If for some reason they say to come back later, I do without complaint. There has always been an understanding between our businesses that this courtesy extends both ways. It works great. The instant I am bared from their location, however, it also goes both ways. Couldn't the guy in question have come in and said "Look, I need some info for my divorce case. I will be taking pictures of things outside. If anyone has problems with that, let me know." Simple, huh? I guess not, being that common sense is no longer common.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    License plates belong to the state. They are not personal property.

True ^^ but I would make certain to have a pic of him, his car, plate and place of residence to see how he likes it. He is obviously fishing for dirt and other details.
    Turn the tables on him and he will not like it. If he is fighting custody keep it inside your own family and leave others out of it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    License plates belong to the state. They are not personal property.

I wish Indiana did it differently... IE, like Georgia. Once the vehicle is plated, the plate stays with the car "forever" - even if bought/sold 100x within state boundaries.

I think Indiana's way of doing plating/registering could use a major efficiency overhaul...but that'd mean the loss of major revenue...that means it'll never happen.

Top Bottom