• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    That is correct. Interesting enough, Senators Taylor and Randolph voted for it last year and against it this.

Errington voted no last time and yes this time.

The rest voted the same. Hume did not vote this time, voted yes last year.

Hume was late getting his vote in, but it was 41-9 and there are 50 senators. He voted for.

Taylor and Randolph didn't have Pat Bauer's assurance it wouldn't pass this time. What surprises me is that Bob Deig voted for it. He's been anti gun for at least the 3 years I've been following IN gun politics.

Blessings,
    Bill

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Hume was late getting his vote in, but it was 41-9 and there are 50 senators. He voted for.

Taylor and Randolph didn't have Pat Bauer's assurance it wouldn't pass this time. What surprises me is that Bob Deig voted for it. He's been anti gun for at least the 3 years I've been following IN gun politics.

Blessings,
    Bill

You're right. Thanks :)

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Anybody have an opinion on if it will pass the house?

EDIT: I see something has passed the house. What really happens next, does this need to go to committee or is it clear?

Last edited:

The Spud

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hoosier in Exile
    I've got the solution! (Warning: Tiny bit o'sarcasm here)

A few pages back, I was reading all sorts of arguments about being unarmed to and from work. Here is my solution: I will set up a booth off your employer's property for you to store your firearm while you are at work. Remember the old Foto Huts? It would work just like that. Drive up, pay a nominal fee, drop off your weapon, and VOILA!

Think of the business opportunities! Think of the extra income! You too would be like Smilin' Bob from the Enzyte commercials!

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    A few pages back, I was reading all sorts of arguments about being unarmed to and from work. Here is my solution: I will set up a booth off your employer's property for you to store your firearm while you are at work. Remember the old Foto Huts? It would work just like that. Drive up, pay a nominal fee, drop off your weapon, and VOILA!

Think of the business opportunities! Think of the extra income! You too would be like Smilin' Bob from the Enzyte commercials!

How far off the employer's property are you? Are you insured? Do you have security to prevent someone from deciding you are a good place for a "five finger discount" on firearms? Even if you do, how does one get from your place to work? By patronizing your business, someone has just identified themselves as someone who is not armed between your place and their work. Have you not just identified those people for targeting by criminals?

The ramifications are not so simple once you start to think it through.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Wow and to think people voted and put this fool into office. :n00b:
    They probably believe that was an accurate impression of an NRA member. FWIW, the only time I've worn a baseball cap backwards was when I had a mask (paintball or catchers) on. The more I read, the more I believe that liberalism truly is a mental illness.

DJM95B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    Schererville, IN.
    Priceless

20100126-231522-pic-268867557_t607.jpg

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    This is the response I received this evening from my rep:

"Thank you for your thoughts concerning HB1065, HB1068, and SB25. All of the bills deal with our 2nd Amendment rights. SB25 is a Senate bill that addresses the same issue as one that is found in HB1065.

HB1068 restricts the public access of records concerning concealed carry permits. The bill was presented last week in the Natural Resources committee, of which I am a member, and passed unanimously. The media was the only group that spoke in opposition to the bill. The arguments presented by the newspaper association were weak and very unconvincing. In the end, the committee decided that the 1st Amendment does not minimize the 2nd Amendment. We, as citizens of this great nation, have the right to privacy for safety sake. The bill then moved on to the full House for consideration and passed overwhelmingly. I will now do all I can to ensure the bill passes the Senate and is signed into law by the Governor.

HB1065 has two parts. The first part of the bill, called the "Emergency Powers" act, prohibits the state and any other person or group from restricting the lawful possession of firearms and ammunition during a declared disaster. We need to learn lessons from what happened in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina. During and after the disaster, weapons legally possessed by residents of the city were confiscated by the authorities. No person or group spoke in opposition to this part of the bill during the committee hearing. We certainly don't want that to happen here in Indiana.

The second part of the bill, called the "Parking Lot Protection" act, prohibits a person, including a company or governmental entity, from adopting or enforcing a policy that restricts a person from legally possessing a firearm that is locked in the individual's vehicle while the vehicle is in the parking lot. Once again, there are two constitutional rights that conflict - the rights of the property owner and the rights of the gun owner. The opposition during the committee hearing focused on this conflict. In the end, I believe the 2nd Amendment rights of the individual trumps the property rights of the individual or company. Especially since the gun must be locked in the individual's car, which is property belonging to the individual:rockwoot:. The bill passed out of committee, moved on to the full House, and passed overwhelmingly. Once again, I will do all I can to ensure the bill is signed into law by the Governor.

Thank you again for your thoughts on this very important issue. I am an ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment and the right of our citizens to lawfully possess and bear arms. I will fight any and all movements to restrict those rights and I appreciate your support.

Sincerely,

Sean R. Eberhart
    State Representative, District 57"

:D

Last edited:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    This is the response I received this evening from my rep:

"Thank you for your thoughts concerning HB1065, HB1068, and SB25. All of the bills deal with our 2nd Amendment rights. SB25 is a Senate bill that addresses the same issue as one that is found in HB1065.

HB1068 restricts the public access of records concerning concealed carry permits. The bill was presented last week in the Natural Resources committee, of which I am a member, and passed unanimously. The media was the only group that spoke in opposition to the bill. The arguments presented by the newspaper association were weak and very unconvincing. In the end, the committee decided that the 1st Amendment does not minimize the 2nd Amendment. We, as citizens of this great nation, have the right to privacy for safety sake. The bill then moved on to the full House for consideration and passed overwhelmingly. I will now do all I can to ensure the bill passes the Senate and is signed into law by the Governor.

HB1065 has two parts. The first part of the bill, called the "Emergency Powers" act, prohibits the state and any other person or group from restricting the lawful possession of firearms and ammunition during a declared disaster. We need to learn lessons from what happened in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina. During and after the disaster, weapons legally possessed by residents of the city were confiscated by the authorities. No person or group spoke in opposition to this part of the bill during the committee hearing. We certainly don't want that to happen here in Indiana.

The second part of the bill, called the "Parking Lot Protection" act, prohibits a person, including a company or governmental entity, from adopting or enforcing a policy that restricts a person from legally possessing a firearm that is locked in the individual's vehicle while the vehicle is in the parking lot. Once again, there are two constitutional rights that conflict - the rights of the property owner and the rights of the gun owner. The opposition during the committee hearing focused on this conflict. In the end, I believe the 2nd Amendment rights of the individual trumps the property rights of the individual or company. Especially since the gun must be locked in the individual's car, which is property belonging to the individual:rockwoot:. The bill passed out of committee, moved on to the full House, and passed overwhelmingly. Once again, I will do all I can to ensure the bill is signed into law by the Governor.

Thank you again for your thoughts on this very important issue. I am an ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment and the right of our citizens to lawfully possess and bear arms. I will fight any and all movements to restrict those rights and I appreciate your support.

Sincerely,

Sean R. Eberhart
    State Representative, District 57"

:D

SWEET :rockwoot:
    I am one of those who can currently be fired for having a gun locked in my car.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Elevated Arms
    Top Bottom