PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Maybe this should be self-evident, but would someone be willing to explain what is meant by 'runners'?

A runner is a user that is wanting to get to the classifieds because they either see something they want or have things they want to sell. They will post up a number of single line posts in the hope to reach 50 posts. That is the basics I'm sure someone will pop in and add to what I have said.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Maybe this should be self-evident, but would someone be willing to explain what is meant by 'runners'?
    It usually means someone that is posting up a long series of posts with no meaning in them at all. We have seen people just posting the post number, just saying I agree. Stuff like that. you can usually tell when you pull up New Posts and you see their handle listed as the last post on about 15 of the ones showing. Even more aggravating though, they will sometimes pull some thread up from 7 years ago to add some stupid unrelated post.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It usually means someone that is posting up a long series of posts with no meaning in them at all. We have seen people just posting the post number, just saying I agree. Stuff like that. you can usually tell when you pull up New Posts and you see their handle listed as the last post on about 15 of the ones showing. Even more aggravating though, they will sometimes pull some thread up from 7 years ago to add some stupid unrelated post.

Yup. Necro-posting.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I occasionally resurrect a thread when I find something to add.

Necro posting is just grabbing something old and posting "I agree." to raise post count.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I occasionally resurrect a thread when I find something to add.

Necro posting is just grabbing something old and posting "I agree." to raise post count.

I do the same.
    And people complained I was necroposting.
    I figure, why start a new thread, if ones available.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom