• ...and so much more!
  • MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Did you have a UTV stolen from you a couple years ago that was recovered in Indy?

That was not me; of the odds and ends I've "lost" so far, it hasn't been a UTV.

On the other hand, some local thugs made off with our very nice (and artsy) (the wife ordered it) "Private Drive" sign. :xmad:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    That was not me; of the odds and ends I've "lost" so far, it hasn't been a UTV.

On the other hand, some local thugs made off with our very nice (and artsy) (the wife ordered it) "Private Drive" sign. :xmad:

Just wondering. I recovered one a couple years ago that belonged to a retired Trooper in your area. Can't remember his name though.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They could have done with out the underlined part :rolleyes:

"Arizona has a "defense of third person" law that allows someone to use deadly force against another who is threatening or injuring a third person. It was not unusual that the passing driver was armed in this gun-friendly state with loose regulation."

Less regulation
    Less gun control
    More freedom
    Less Nanny State

Sound the same to me.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I think that it is an excellent idea. It might prevent the officer from thinking that the good citizen is just that and not an accomplice of the attacker.
    Seems to me that the officer might notice WHO the citizen was attacking: "my enemy's enemy, is my friend". His life was obviously in immediate danger so the question sounds like a silly waste of time.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Seems to me that the officer might notice WHO the citizen was attacking: "my enemy's enemy, is my friend". His life was obviously in immediate danger so the question sounds like a silly waste of time.
    I'm not sure what you meant with the first part of your statement. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I think that making assumptions can be very dangerous, especially in life and death situations. It appears that questioning the officer wasn't an issue in this matter and I don't want to Monday morning quarterback to death the good samaritan.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    A 'visceral' reaction, with no time to spare: Arizona man gives emotional account of saving DPS trooper

Looks like the good guy with a gun was a felon. But had it reduced to a misdemeanor he could carry again. The felony was for theft in 2000.
    There are a lot of people today who are very happy that this man petitioned to have his 2A rights restored and that the judge restored them. It is impressive also that this man apparently adhered to the restrictions until his 2A rights were restored. I was greatly impressed with how heavily the taking of a human life weighs on this "good samaritan". We all too often never really consider what a load this is for anyone with a conscience.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ok, now I kinda feel bad for my little depiction of the incident.

This guy is a great example of how certain ties that bind us together as people are independent of prior life choices.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    They say don't judge a book by its cover. If you had shown me photos of the attacker and the Good Samaritan, I would have guessed the roles were reversed.

I hope he gets peace with this, and the trooper comes out ok.

Top Bottom