• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    Dr. Paul is the ONLY candidate that I have ever supported monetarily and now I have done it in two separate campaigns...Voted Republican most of my 53 years...time for some changes...

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    RP is our guy. I believe him to not only be the one single candidate with an actual plan, but the ONLY guy with Americas best interest at heart. If the Rs run him the Ds will laugh, they severely underestimate him and won't take his candidacy seriously....alas he will trounce them. He is our only hope at re-claiming our nation. Romney and Perry are both tools, owned and operated by the same ppl pulling barrys marionette strings....

O2guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    MSG2
    I wonder now if the "conservative radio hosts"will report this and stand behind conservatives

Bitter Clinger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Florida
    Do you think Resigned Governor Palin will wait until after all of those pesky debates to declare, or will she just fade off into history having spent most of that PAC money on a deluxe vacation?

I think the Governor is playing her cards perfectly. Let the others sling mud at each other until the people are sick of it. She has taken more than her share of mud and none of it has stuck. The only reasons to get into the race early are to generate name recognition and money. The Governor already has both.

Ron Paul is a dingbat. He should stay away from the debates because every time he opens his mouth he proves what a nut job he is.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I think the Governor is playing her cards perfectly. Let the others sling mud at each other until the people are sick of it. She has taken more than her share of mud and none of it has stuck. The only reasons to get into the race early are to generate name recognition and money. The Governor already has both.

Ron Paul is a dingbat. He should stay away from the debates because every time he opens his mouth he proves what a nut job he is.

Even though Palin is not in the race, her name still manages to make it into certain polls, like gallop:
    Trump, Palin Negatives (PDF)

Without even participating in the debates, she polls very weak compared to Obama... so one might assume past mud has stuck... or maybe it was her becoming a Fox contributor, or airing her own reality show... something in the past makes people dislike her compared to Obama.

She has name recognition, she has money - she just does not have the support needed - and more importantly, she has that X factor that makes independents and some moderate conservatives vote for the Dems.

I am still not sure that Paul can beat Obama, and I think if the voting was done today Romney would be the Repubs only chance... but I would vote for Paul, and we have a long way to go so who knows.

At any rate, most "conservative" media stations seem to ignore Paul, or brush him off... so that definitely does not help his chances... You might find an LA times article yielding the results, but what about more conservative media outlets? If Fox news even mentions Paul's name as a frontrunner, without adding an "but it was skewed, blah blah it was an anomoly" theory I would be amazed.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011

If hes such a dingbat how has he won every debate so far? Sounds like Palins the dingbat here beings shes too stupid to debate at all. How sad is it when your hero cant even out-debate BIDEN?

keep trollintrollintrollin

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Sarah Palin is too busy blowin lines of coke to attend the debates.

Keep donating to the PAC her nose is counting on you.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    My preference is that whoever is in the White House, I want the congress to be controlled by the opposite party. Neither party cares for the Constitution any more. With split control they can get little done to mess with the lives of the rest of us.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010

Sarah Palin has a reputation of being a moron (I'm not saying she is), so the mud has stuck. The Couric interview was terrible, and people remember events like that.

Ron Paul has looked fine in the debates. According to polls after the debates, he is winning them. Just because you don't agree with Paul does not make him a dingbat. Paul's basic platform is reducing federal spending and authority as well as tax reductions with a foreign policy based on not intervening in wars (not isolationism).

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I agree that Palin is tainted. I disagree that Paul has won every debate. I still think he had his ass handed to him by Santorum.

If he would stick with the fiscal conservative platform I could very well go along with him. I'm all for the federal government getting out of the social conservative business. It's anti-republic, doesn't work, and costs too much.

His foreign policy worldview is as far left as his fiscal policy is far right. He'll never win me over with his foreign policy stance. If you have to repeatedly say someone isn't an isolationist, that probably means that they are. His claim to be non-interventionist rather than isolationist is dangerous. Jimmy Carter also refused to acknowledge that there may be time when a proactive strike is in the nation's best interest. It took us years to recover from him, and some may argue we suffer as a nation today because of his four years in office.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    He'll never win me over with his foreign policy stance. If you have to repeatedly say someone isn't an isolationist, that probably means that they are.
    Saying it over and over again doesn't make it true, either.

His claim to be non-interventionist rather than isolationist is dangerous.

Do these words mean anything to you, or do you just spout them out the way you do "liberal" and "leftist"; having no discernible meaning other than a name for someone who doesn't agree with you?

Isolationists do not trade hold Ron Paul's beliefs on foreign trade. Period.

Find a new word to use.
    Isolationism is a foreign policy adopted by a nation in which the country refuses to enter into any alliances, foreign trade or economic commitments, or international agreements in hopes of focusing all of its resources into advancement within its own borders while remaining at peace with foreign countries by avoiding all entanglements of foreign agreements. In other words, it asserts both of the following:

1. Non-interventionism – Political rulers should avoid entangling alliances with other nations and avoid all wars not related to direct territorial differences (self-defense).
    2. Protectionism – There should be legal barriers to control trade and cultural exchange with people in other states.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Saying it over and over again doesn't make it true, either.

Do these words mean anything to you, or do you just spout them out the way you do "liberal" and "leftist"; having no discernible meaning other than a name for someone who doesn't agree with you?

Isolationists do not trade hold Ron Paul's beliefs on foreign trade. Period.

Find a new word to use.

The real world is quite unlike your world where there is no grey, only black and black. The word fits. I'll continue to use it until someone convinces me there's a better one to use. But thanks for playing.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The real world is quite unlike your world where there is no grey, only black and black. The word fits. I'll continue to use it until someone convinces me there's a better one to use. But thanks for playing.
    Can I get a copy of the Neocon Dictionary so we can have a coherent debate? I'm still waiting for you to define liberal and leftist also.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    ... I still think he had his ass handed to him by Santorum.

You mean where Santorum said words to the effect that "Republicans never accept responsibility for the consequences of their actions. That's only something we demand of the Democrats."?

I find the discussions about Paul interesting. It would seem that not everybody calling themselves conservative actually wants government to follow the Constitution.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Paul does sound like a nutjob after debates. Thats the major problem he faces in this media centric society. Thing is, its the sound bytes and stuff deliberately "misinterpeted" and taken out of context that make him sound that way. They ask a question and then cut him off before he explains what it means. They play a portion of what he says and roll their eyes while he is talking. If you actually get a chance to listen to him most of it makes good sense. It certainly makes more sense than anything anyone else is offering up in their "talk all day but say nothing" speeches. And then you have Barry giving speeches telling us he is gonna give a speech to tell us what he is gonna say in his next speech. WTF? I guess if I had no clue I would stall for time too....

I am disappointed in the "we brought it upon ourselves" he did in the tif with Santorum but seriously who else sounds half as interested in preserving our constitutional rights?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    As much as I really like Ron Paul and Libertarian ideals the reality is that he is unelectable.

Now Rand Paul, on the other hand, seems to be making a name for himself and the media seems to take him a lot more seriously than they take Ron. Certainly not for 2012, but at some point in the future I hope to see Rand Paul leading the GOP, and this nation, into the realm of Libertarian ideals.

But the California straw poll win . . . meh

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    You mean where Santorum said words to the effect that "Republicans never accept responsibility for the consequences of their actions. That's only something we demand of the Democrats."?

I find the discussions about Paul interesting. It would seem that not everybody calling themselves conservative actually wants government to follow the Constitution.

I'm all for following the Constitution. Let's talk about that a minute.

Congress is responsible for declaring War. The President is the commander in Chief. As Commander in Chief the President has very wide latitude in conducting offensives against declared or undeclared enemies. Nothing in the Constitution requires a declaration of war prior to the President taking action as Commander in Chief. In fact, through statute Congress has given the Commander in Chief broad authority for military action with a requirement of reporting to Congress within 60 days of initiating an action. There is history dating back to Jefferson (author of the Declaration of Independence) of actions being taken by the Commander in Chief without legislative approval.

There is no Constitutional requirement that America must act in self defense prior to engaging in any action against any enemy. In fact James Monroe, a Founding Father and fifth President, implemented what was to be known as the Monroe Doctrine, which stated that America would not tolerate any additional European colonization of the Americas and would require American military intervention in the event it was violated. That sure sounds proactive to me. How about you?

Dr Paul has stated he would conduct no action absent a declaration of war by Congress. He chooses to ignore 200 years of history dating back to the time of our founding and would cede the power and duty to lead this nation's military to the cackling hens in Congress. While some here may view this as the thoughtfullness of a strict Constitutionalist, I view it as head-in-the-sand foreign policy and abdication of the responsibilities of the office which he seeks.

So let's hear about the Constitution.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom