• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Hardly any sort of statistical science used in the poll to give it any sort of accuracy. But with any of these polls they will run with it if the results fit their agenda. Of course that all fits in pretty well with what is referred to today as "journalism". A "journalist" today checks facts on Wikipedia and a reliable source can be a Facebook post. My grandmother was an editor for a daily newspaper, today newspapers sometimes run spellcheck and think they have done all the editorial review necessary. Could you imagine the crap they would print if the newspapers still had to mind their P's and Q's.
    Exactly. The thing about the polls... anyone can participate, but usually the only people who want to take the time to do that are already involved in the issue anyways. Posting the poll on specific websites will get you different results every time I'm sure.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Suggestion: Copy the link and paste it into a new window, so PBS doesn't see a bunch of visits to their site from here.

The results surprised me for PBS... the comments more so. :yesway:

Blessings,
    Bill

Suggestion: Copy the link and paste it into a new window, so PBS doesn't see a bunch of visits to their site from here.

Blessings,
    Bill
    fixed it for ya, Bill of Rights

:scratch: Um.... Thanks? (What'd you fix?)

jooky52198

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The problem here is that the polls and common sense tell us that owning guns responsibly is essential and that people overwhelmingly support it. However, the hacks in washington on both sides dont seem to care. We have a government that is not run by the people (as we just saw with the stupid omnibus bill rammed through by idiot john boehner after an election that clearly sent the message we conservatives dont want this garbage). So unfortunately and sadly polls like this really serve no purpose

downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    Would you support more restrictions on guns in your state?

Yes. Increased regulations on firearms are necessary to prevent another tragedy like the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary. 4.04% (4,492 votes)

No. Laws like this unnecessarily punish lawful gun owners and will do little to prevent mass shootings. 94.82% (105,363 votes)

Unsure. It's important to keep the weapons out of the wrong hands, but this may not be the solution. 1.14% (1,264 votes)

Total Votes: 111,119

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Blessings,
    Bill

Originally, you could click on the link in the OP, and go straight to the poll.
    downlinx changed it, so that you had to copy and paste.

Aha! Got it. Rep inbound.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    voted> I Was in south beach and you couldn't have a gun In the bar portions of restaurants or bars. Annoying. that's where I usually get into fights too!

Ammo Dump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Voted! Results so far.

Thank you for voting! No 90.08% (2,015 votes)

Yes 9.70% (217 votes)

I'll leave my answer in the comments. 0.22% (5 votes)

Total Votes: 2,237

Return To Poll

Top Bottom