• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Well? How did they turn out? Looks like you used a smaller pan, so they would have been thicker. I'm interested to know if that makes a big difference.

Delicious! They're über-rich. Mine are definitely thicker because of my limited pan availability, but the chocolate is thicker as well so the ratio is still good.

I'm on a very strict low-sodium diet so I used no-sodium peanut butter. In retrospect I should have upped the peanut butter or cut the sugar a bit to account for no salt to balance it out.

406097430.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I sent the recipe to my wife.

She said it wasn't on our "diet"...I can't understand why ;)

And then she said she didn't have a mixer beefy enough to handle that. I think she's hinting around for a Mother's Day present.:D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You can't go wrong with a Kitchen Aid professional mixer. Seriously. It's a worthwhile investment for both your kitchen and your marital harmony.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Delicious! They're über-rich. Mine are definitely thicker because of my limited pan availability, but the chocolate is thicker as well so the ratio is still good.

How long did they take you to prepare? I can't seem to do it in under 45 minutes in spite of the relative simplicity of the recipe. I would also like to find a way to tone down the sweetness and increase the firmness and texture without killing the taste. Now that I'm well out of grade school, it's a little overpowering.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    How long did they take you to prepare? I can't seem to do it in under 45 minutes in spite of the relative simplicity of the recipe. I would also like to find a way to tone down the sweetness and increase the firmness and texture without killing the taste. Now that I'm well out of grade school, it's a little overpowering.

About 20 minutes, but I've been cooking for a living for 15+ years.

Next time I'm going to up the peanut butter and replace at 1-2 cups of the powdered sugar with graham cracker crumbs.

Top Bottom