Peddler got hit last nite... (Columbus, IN)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    If someone can get into your gunstore just by breaking a glass door maybe you need a different business. +1 for having them secured inside but was there any alarm?

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    No alarm ?

Thas kinda STUPID

If you own a store that sells firearms and you don't alarm the building you have no business owning a store that sells firearms !

Mitchell0481

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Crown point
    No alarm ?

Thas kinda STUPID

If you own a store that sells firearms and you don't alarm the building you have no business owning a store that sells firearms !

Agreed. My alarm would have an alarm. I figured that would be a requirement to have insurance for a business like that.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    No alarm ?

Thas kinda STUPID

In reading the comments it looks like they have an alarm. I suppose it's s question of why it wasn't armed or why it didn't work.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    In reading the comments it looks like they have an alarm. I suppose it's s question of why it wasn't armed or why it didn't work.

I don't know for sure if they did or didn't. Having an alarm is no guarantee, in the shop I worked at in MI we had very secure doors and an alarm but they cut a hole in our roof and just never hit the motion detectors. We came in to find a ladder still there, they didn't get much because they didn't know the alarm wasn't working.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I know the owner very well, and have been doing business with him for some time. Before anyone starts spouting BS when you do not know what happened, only what you read from our local douche bag Liberal newspaper, know the damn facts. I was in there today myself. I will not at this time for the respect of the owner, give any other information. I will say he took all the necessary steps to keep the guns secured. I figure out of all people, you would be the last to make uneducated assumptions.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Assault Mosins are capable of shooting 10's of rounds per minute..... :runaway:

I need another high caliber assault rifle...... Character Matters!!!

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I know the owner very well, and have been doing business with him for some time. Before anyone starts spouting BS when you do not know what happened, only what you read from our local douche bag Liberal newspaper, know the damn facts. I was in there today myself. I will not at this time for the respect of the owner, give any other information. I will say he took all the necessary steps to keep the guns secured. I figure out of all people, you would be the last to make uneducated assumptions.

I'm also one of Shanon's customers. Hate to hear about this and will guarantee that he is far from being stupid.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    I understand he has a new place, have not been there, last tim in his place was when he was in strip mall. But he certainly seemed far from STUPID, I'm sure he had security in place. But just like in indy a few years ago (someone used a truck to crash thur wall) if someone what's in bad enought they WILL get in. A bussiness or home,makes no difference

Sig-Bandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Columbus
    I will set the record straight before any other people make assumptions. Long guns were cabled up, alarm system was set, I have inside motion sensors and glass breakage on all windows/doors. The alarm was not tripped during the break-in but was set off when officers arrived to clear the building. A passerby saw the busted glass from the front door and called it in prior to that. At this point in time we have 2 strong suspects that Columbus Police are looking for, as for the alarm company they are still looking into why it malfunctioned. Thanks to those of you here that support me and dont jump to conclusions without knowing facts.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Are you still up and in buisness as of right now? I work in Columbus and have been curious about your shop, would love to stop in sometime and check it out if I can find the time, what are your store hours? I'm really sorry to hear abot the break In. Hopefully they are caught soon.

bartb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    I will set the record straight before any other people make assumptions. Long guns were cabled up, alarm system was set, I have inside motion sensors and glass breakage on all windows/doors. The alarm was not tripped during the break-in but was set off when officers arrived to clear the building. A passerby saw the busted glass from the front door and called it in prior to that. At this point in time we have 2 strong suspects that Columbus Police are looking for, as for the alarm company they are still looking into why it malfunctioned. Thanks to those of you here that support me and dont jump to conclusions without knowing facts.

I hope CPD finds those responsible. I have bought from you before and it was a pleasurable experience. Please let us know when you are open again.

Top Bottom