Peddler got hit last nite... (Columbus, IN)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Sorry to hear about this.

FYI, a similar break in at ACME in Seymour this year resulted in a similar amount of rifles stolen. In that case the suspects (local individuals) were caught and weapons recovered.

My guess is this wasn't a professional "hit" trying to smuggle weapons to gangs in Chicago, Mexico, Syria, or wherever. It was probably some local criminals upping the ante a bit and trying to get some goods they could turn around quickly for drugs or cash.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Good store and good people. By far my favorite gun store in the area. More helpful than the other two stores in town. That and there prices are cheaper than anything else around. It's a shame this happened.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I will set the record straight before any other people make assumptions. Long guns were cabled up, alarm system was set, I have inside motion sensors and glass breakage on all windows/doors. The alarm was not tripped during the break-in but was set off when officers arrived to clear the building. A passerby saw the busted glass from the front door and called it in prior to that. At this point in time we have 2 strong suspects that Columbus Police are looking for, as for the alarm company they are still looking into why it malfunctioned. Thanks to those of you here that support me and dont jump to conclusions without knowing facts.

Could you do INGO a favor and post the serial numbers of the stolen firearms?

That is, of course, should the promising leads on the suspects not turn them up in short order.

-J-

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    How often do you see full serial #'s posted??

"Could you do INGO a favor and post the serial numbers of the stolen firearms"

^^^This is almost NEVER done. Too many problems can be caused by posting serial #'s for the "World" to see.

I'm sure the business owner WILL have posts/notices local,state+national of his break in, with contact #'s for info leading to arrest+conviction of the sucm that did this.

Just my 2 cents worth...Bill.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Serial numbers would be nice to know, should the guns get posted on Armslist, or Hoosier Topics.
    But I do understand why someone might be hesitant to post them. Sorry to hear about the break in.

I have used this site before http://www.hotgunz.com/ to ck. serial numbers against thier data base.

Last edited:

Sig-Bandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Columbus
    Thanks all for the support, we are open for business as usual, Mon-Fri 11-6 and Saturday 10-3. We are located at 1630 Home Avenue in Columbus, 47201. Phone number is 812-657-7250. We are actively working with CPD detectives and ATF field agents on getting these guys. Also working on adding more security to the building including video cameras.

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    Not very responsible for you early posters to be slammin' somebody before all the facts are known!!! Good people own the shop and somtimes things beyond your control just happen. Don't be jumping to conclusions!!!

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I was coming back from camping down in Hoosier and heard the report on the radio. They gave the detective's name and a description of the two suspects. Do want to repeat that description for the viewing audience here?

AppointedReaper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Columbus
    As far as I know they weren't selective fire weapons. Just some semi AR 15s and Mosins. Typically the people that write these stories label anything black with a detachable magazine, an assault rifle.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Geez guys, get over these "assault rifle" knee jerk put downs. It's a misnomer, it happens all the time. It's like calling a magazine a clip. It's not that big a deal.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom