• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    I thought about putting this in political discussion since the article states pedophiles are already a federally protected class, but figured I'd throw this in break room. Feel free to move it if this turns into a political discussion. I had difficulty reading the article because it's so effing absurd to even consider. Pedophiles want same rights as homosexuals :: Northern Colorado Gazette

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Wow, just wow. I cant believe there is a human being out there that would think pedophiles deserve the same rights as a normal person. I guess they don't have kids.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    People are born that way. They can't be "cured" since they are just that way. It occurs in nature so it is apparently a naturally occurring urge... anything else I can throw in there?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Adults can consent, children are not mentally developed enough to do so. Hell, some adults are not mentally developed enough to consent, they have the mental capacity of a child and thus have guardians for the rest of their lives that make decisions for them.

jerryv

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Evansville
    First .. I've got no problem with gay people. What consenting adults do in privacy is of no interest to me .. to each his own.

But I guess it depends on how you interpret this.. Based on the number of kids that get abused, there are apparently a LOT of adults who for whatever reason are sexually attracted to children. I'll never understand that. But they're out there. Lots of them seem to be family members who prey on their own, or relative's, children.

So .. should they be able to vote? Or get a driver's license? Or get married? etc etc .. Yes .. sure .. they should have the same 'rights' as the rest of us. I think they already do have those rights, so I'm not sure what they're b*tching about.

But if they ever touch a kid, they should be shot .. or at least imprisoned forever. We need to protect our kids. We can't excuse bad behavior because of a lack of impulse control. Not for child abusers, not for rapists, not for anyone who gratifies him/herself at the expense of others.

So yeah .. they should have equal rights .. until they screw up ..

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    The age of consent varies greatly across the world. American children are not mentally developed enough to make those decisions. In some countries (regardless of my opinion of it) eleven year olds are apparently capable.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Mrs E observed the gay marriage issue, and I said to her, next it'll be the pedophiles or bestiality, and we also have incest to look forward to. She dismissed this idea. Sure enough, a few weeks later comes an article from california about the pedos. It's like I'm a prophet or something!

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    First .. I've got no problem with gay people. What consenting adults do in privacy is of no interest to me .. to each his own.

But I guess it depends on how you interpret this.. Based on the number of kids that get abused, there are apparently a LOT of adults who for whatever reason are sexually attracted to children. I'll never understand that. But they're out there. Lots of them seem to be family members who prey on their own, or relative's, children.

So .. should they be able to vote? Or get a driver's license? Or get married? etc etc .. Yes .. sure .. they should have the same 'rights' as the rest of us. I think they already do have those rights, so I'm not sure what they're b*tching about.

But if they ever touch a kid, they should be shot .. or at least imprisoned forever. We need to protect our kids. We can't excuse bad behavior because of a lack of impulse control. Not for child abusers, not for rapists, not for anyone who gratifies him/herself at the expense of others.

How can we protect our children when the politicians give them more rights than the victim?

My family and daughter waited for two years for justice, and all the bastard received was two years! Two days after sentencing my daughter gets a death threat from his family in person, then they put two .45 rounds into the side of my garage two days after that ( no one was home thankfully!). I can't prove his family shot, but common sense?

Tell me with a viable explanation how these sick people deserve any rights? I will be happy to explain how my daughter, my family and I have lived for the last two years and how my daughter ( 13 years old) still has nightmares and I have to calm her down at night. If you think they deserve any protection or rights, you have not lived a life of the pain or know anyone that has.

Btw, this post is not geared towards Jerry, but to those who think these people deserve rights,

Last edited:

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Pedophiles are a Federally Protected Class?

I thought there was a bag limit of 2 per day; 3 in possession...........

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    They're going to argue for this as the "sexual rights of children to consent" and they're going to use slackerisme's argument that it's already done in X% of the world.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The State believes the children belong to them already. They want to give them birth control, abortions, etc. without your knowledge much less, your consent.

tetsujin79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NWI
    "Pedophiles are not simply people who commit a small offense from time to time..."

Children can't legally consent. Rape is sex without legal consent. Logic failure & fascists... :rolleyes:

It's like there's a correlation :laugh: between the two or something.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

Nope, not imprisoned forever. Firing squad would be fine. I'm sure there wouldn't be a shortage of people willing to bring their own ammo.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Age of consent is just a legal change away. The law goes where the public's sentiments lie. Just because some of you find this repugnant now, doesn't mean future generations won't look back at your quaint, old-timey beliefs and sigh in self righteous contempt. The template for changing public perception, acceptance, and the laws has already been established.

For some to be shocked that this is being considered, in some corners, is laughable.

Last edited:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Age of consent is just a legal change away. The law goes where the public's sentiments lie. Just because some of you find this repugnant now, doesn't mean future generations won't look back at your quaint, old-timey beliefs. The template for changing public perception, acceptance, and the laws has already been established.

For some to be shocked that this is being considered, in some corners, is laughable.

Yep, and some states the age of consent is 16 while others are 18

Top Bottom