• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    ...In the gun violence debate, she said she believes it would be almost impossible to pass an assault-weapons ban. Even within the Democrats' Caucus there is disagreement on such a ban, but there is growing consensus on limited magazine capacity.
    "Where we can make the most difference is with background checks and information shared," she said. "Let's keep guns out of the wrong hands. There's more of a rally around background checks ... and some (Democratic) unity around mental-health issues."

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi talks budget, guns, pot in Denver - The Denver Post

Bolded the important parts. As I suspected, they pretty much think they have a lock on the bg checks, and will start pushing a mag ban next.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I worry just as much about our medical rights and privacy (this includes mental health) as I do our 2nd Amendment rights. We cannot afford to compromise on either. I fear that the mental health issue will effect all of our veterans the most if we allow it to happen. Just my :twocents:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I worry just as much about our medical rights and privacy (this includes mental health) as I do our 2nd Amendment rights. We cannot afford to compromise on either. I fear that the mental health issue will effect all of our veterans the most if we allow it to happen. Just my :twocents:

The mental health issue will affect everyone. The definition of mental health issue will slide until no one is deemed healthy enough to possess a firearm.

Look at the kids who were allegedly 'traumatized' by the Pop-Tart gun. Someone eventually will claim they're suffering from PTSD, and bingo! disqualified from owing.

Don't think the libs will stop when the Jared Loughners are banned...

Top Bottom