Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yeah, I have a feeling they are trying to do something sneaky.

I doubt they even had classes yesterday, so he likely wasn't going anywhere near campus.

Every day I loose a bit more faith in our "journalists".

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Click on the video of the story and it becomes obvious that they are trying real hard to make it out to be more of a story than it is. The inflection of what they are saying sickens me.

23mar03

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Geez, They had to add the Sheeple's comment about it's safe enough to not to carry a gun on campus(blah blah)....Tell that to Virginia Tech!

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    It is technically legal to carry here on a college campus.
    It's not against Indiana law, just school rules.
    You just get kicked out of school if you are found out.
    I agree though, they could quit on kicking students out for carrying... anytime soon.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Hmmm...so it is LEGAL for a student to carry at Temple? I wish our universities would relent on this.
    It's against campus policy. He was in off Campus housing walking to his car n Monday morning when this all went down, according to a different fox news report.
    Pennsylvania College Student With License To Carry Firearm Exchanges Gunfire With Alleged Robber | FoxNews.com

I do wish things would change regarding school policies in IN and some of the laws; since starting classes at Ivy Tech between the day care and the high school students doing dual credit it's a Class D felony for me to so much as leave the gun in the car let alone carry it, so heading off armed on Monday morning from off campus a block from where there was a shooting the first week of school I must be unarmed, while facing a similar level of risk of early morning armed robbery/attempted murder.

If it was campus policy as fox news shows, then he still would be risking "random" searches now that people know he carries and expulsion if ever caught with it on campus given the policies at just about every Indiana college where it is legal but against the rules.

The laws and campus policies make students choose, risk loosing your life everyday because you have to follow policy; or risk the livelyhood you're paying for and working so hard to earn because being caught able to bring a gun to a gunfight that sought you out is against policy or a "feel good" law that has made more criminals than it stopped and taken more lives than it's saved.

RTroy29035

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I guess the student who feels that "the campus is safe enough" thinks that criminals fear the campus police because they do such a great job at deterring crime that the criminals just avoid the campus and commit their crimes only around the campus.
    Most campus police forces are only trained to document a crime, not to prevent or intervene when a crime is being committed.

If all the 15 year old kid is looking at is aggravated assault and attempted robbery charges then there is something wrong in the prosecutors office in Philadelphia. No weapons charges being brought against him, what about attempted murder?

Instead you will probably have a group of anti-gun wack jobs screaming about how it was the students fault this all took place. If only the student had just handed the robber the money then no one would have been hurt.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    What a horrid picture they chose to use on that website. Whom ever decided to put the picture of the jackleg with the pistol jambed down the back of their pants, up on this article needs to get an education. What a blatant attempt to make gun owners look bad.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Like most urban colleges, there is no physical boundary between where the college begins and Philly ends.

I'm sure there are hundreds of people who "carry" onto Temple campus every day, just driving from one end of the city to the other.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I guess the student who feels that "the campus is safe enough" thinks that criminals fear the campus police because they do such a great job at deterring crime that the criminals just avoid the campus and commit their crimes only around the campus.
    Most campus police forces are only trained to document a crime, not to prevent or intervene when a crime is being committed.

If all the 15 year old kid is looking at is aggravated assault and attempted robbery charges then there is something wrong in the prosecutors office in Philadelphia. No weapons charges being brought against him, what about attempted murder?

Instead you will probably have a group of anti-gun wack jobs screaming about how it was the students fault this all took place. If only the student had just handed the robber the money then no one would have been hurt.

Actually that is one reason why I like IUPUI as they arent just security guards they are in fact full IMPD is what ive been told. I wish i could carry on campus as that would also mean I wouldnt have to give up guns for 9 months of the year as that is also where I live(makes me want to rethink buying them as the closest storage is 30min-1hour away+time to range). Ive actually been in an incident where a gun might have been needed. I had an attemped mugging last October. I was riding my bike and still had adrenalin so I shoved the guy away and took off before he could actually draw his gun which was stored like all gangsters(waistband pointed at nuts) as he flashed it after basically a 150lb 5.5ft dude just nearly knocked him off his feet(6ft 3 200lbs). OH and BTW it started with can i barrow a dollar thing. If you actually do give them the stuff then you may be targeted later for more attacks as you would easily give in.

Top Bottom