• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    The used guns at the Strawtown Flea Market, sure beat Gander Mt in the high price department. Stopped in there today, on my way to an appointment in Indy. The guns there were easily $75 to $200 more that the same type firearms at Bullseye or McDonald's Gun Shop. :facepalm:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I watched a study done on human nature a while back.
    This researcher set himself up in an open air mall and began carnival barking.

He said he was going to raffle of a $20 bill.
    What ever the selling price ended up, that is what he would sell it for, even for a loss.
    There is only one caveat.
    Not only does the highest bidder win the $20 bil, but the person who ends up bidding second place still has to pay!

O.K. Ready? Here we go, and the bidding began.
    Two or three people thought they'd get a fresh $20 for cheap, so they bid low, then someone would out bid them, and they would bid again.
    Soon I think it became more of a situation of, "I don't want to come in second, and have to pay for nothing", so they would bid again...

In the end, the highest bidder got a brand new $20 bill for only $29! but the second place guy was also on the hook for $25!
    Then everyone was told this was a study on human nature and they were all given their money back.

It was an interesting example of how people let themselves get sucked into a bad situation, realize it, and still dig the hole deeper!

Not everyone on this planet are Mensa candidates.

This is why when I go to Ebay to see about snagging gift cards I only bid 80% the value including ship and that's it.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    There are people who are delusional when trying to sell used firearms. People who modify and/or bastardize firearms [like stippling Glocks] and really think they can sell them for at or almost at "new" from the gun dealer prices are out of touch with reality. Recently there were a few used commonly available semi-auto handguns in our classified ad section that were used and priced at new gun prices. Ridiculous. Same goes for the dealers at gun shows. Used firearms that they are attempting to pawn off at or near new gun prices. These guys must like unpacking and repacking the same guns over and over again as you see the same guns and dealers over and over again at the show with nothing being sold. Just amazing. LOL

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There are people who are delusional when trying to sell used firearms. People who modify and/or bastardize firearms [like stippling Glocks] and really think they can sell them for at or almost at "new" from the gun dealer prices are out of touch with reality. Recently there were a few used commonly available semi-auto handguns in our classified ad section that were used and priced at new gun prices. Ridiculous. Same goes for the dealers at gun shows. Used firearms that they are attempting to pawn off at or near new gun prices. These guys must like unpacking and repacking the same guns over and over again as you see the same guns and dealers over and over again at the show with nothing being sold. Just amazing. LOL

I get what you are saying but I modify all of my guns. All of them and not one is Bastardized as you say. I do sell/trade them on occasion when someone wants to step into that world. I seldom if ever break even as I know what goes with building a HotRod anything. You do it because you want to. Not to make any money at it because that is tough to do. You will seldom if ever see any of them in the classifieds.
    Stippling a Glock is not what I am referring to. You are right on this one.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I get what you are saying but I modify all of my guns. All of them and not one is Bastardized as you say. I do sell/trade them on occasion when someone wants to step into that world. I seldom if ever break even as I know what goes with building a HotRod anything. You do it because you want to. Not to make any money at it because that is tough to do. You will seldom if ever see any of them in the classifieds.
    Stippling a Glock is not what I am referring to. You are right on this one.

We should talk about those ARs your hoarding away...

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    INGO GUN PRICES ARE Nutty At TiMES.

What gets me is no one will drive to meet, you do all the driving because you are the buyer. Sadly, when I am the seller I still must do the bulk of the driving. I don't live in Indy, so how about trying to do some of the driving and meet me halfway? It is all I have ever asked.

There are a few times when the prices aren't as bad as they might be.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

What gets me is no one will drive to meet, you do all the driving because you are the buyer. Sadly, when I am the seller I still must do the bulk of the driving. I don't live in Indy, so how about trying to do some of the driving and meet me halfway? It is all I have ever asked.

I will try and work out a halfway point. That is part of using the classy's. Unless there are issues such as job/health/family etc.
    I am driving most of the way to FTF on Saturday as the seller is on call for his job. Can't get to far away. It is another half hour on me but like I said, there are things we will work around.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I like selling my guns for a price that doesn’t sell instantly, but sells within one week at asking price. I’ve sold very few that people have tried to talk me down and have still been happy with all selling prices. Fair and firm, unless the market is dictating otherwise. Listing higher and being talked down takes too much time.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

It sucks when you live in the Northwestern corner of the state and see great deals in E ville or out of that area. I have made several trips to meet people in Indy who live in the southern part of the state. I have no problem driving all the way for a deal especially if ti takes me through Vincennes and I can see how my college is going down hill. I only ask the seller to keep their word. I've had no issues here but had issues on Armslist so I quit that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Doing a halfway meet this morning.
    Yes there are still deals in the classy's if you are patient.
    I have added 3 1911's to the family in the last few months. All stellar pieces at decent to great prices.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I've been buying, according to someone in my house, too many guns lately but I've politely passed on more than I've bought. When I can walk into a brick and mortar store and pay less than what I would have to pay for a FTF with someone I only know from a message board, it makes it hard to even look at the classified section anymore.

That being said, I'm still looking for that "budget friendly" Tech 9. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've been buying, according to someone in my house, too many guns lately but I've politely passed on more than I've bought. When I can walk into a brick and mortar store and pay less than what I would have to pay for a FTF with someone I only know from a message board, it makes it hard to even look at the classified section anymore.

That being said, I'm still looking for that "budget friendly" Tech 9. :)

I made a deal with the spousal unit long ago.
    I buy a gun she gets some cash.
    I sell a gun she gets more cash.
    I fix a gun....yes, she gets cash.
    It is her mad money.
    I never hide transactions from her. I am a lousy liar anyway.
    She also has seen me deeply cull the herd in times of need.
    So as long as the lights are on, the refrigerator's are full, the gas tanks are over half and the cell phones work we are good to go.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I made a deal with the spousal unit long ago.
    I buy a gun she gets some cash.
    I sell a gun she gets more cash.
    I fix a gun....yes, she gets cash.
    It is her mad money.
    I never hide transactions from her. I am a lousy liar anyway.
    She also has seen me deeply cull the herd in times of need.
    So as long as the lights are on, the refrigerator's are full, the gas tanks are over half and the cell phones work we are good to go.

That's a great arrangement and honestly, she doesn't complain but just takes an occasional jab here and there. When she went with me to buy a safe I had picked out online, she insisted I get one almost twice as big because she said it would be cheaper than buying another one in 6 months.

Top Bottom