People waiting in line for Dicks to open...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Hey Ya'll........ (not trying to beat a dead horse)
    I went to the Target on Rockville in Avon this morning about 8.30 and noticed a line of people at the front door of Dicks down the strip mall.No biggie maybe sale starts today, so ventured down there maybe I can get some golf balls cheap......
    Nope, people where lineing up at the gun couner. All the poor kid behind the couner had was .40 and .45.... Ya'll should of heard the disapointment in everyone when they found out the price and lack of invorty.
    Just thought this was comically.

Last edited:

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    When people shop at stores that make decisions like pulling black rifles from their shelves as a result of anti-gun panic, they are bound to find some disappointment.

Tatorchip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    I encountered the same thing yesterday morning at Gander Mtn in Ft. Wayne. I had some time before starting my work day so I got there a few minutes before the store officially opened. Some people were going in early, some were waiting outside. When they officially unlocked the door I walked in to find about 20-25 in line at the gun counter. Every minute or so a guy would walk by carrying 3, 4, 5 boxes. 5 minutes into waiting I hear the announcement from the counter that, "All we've got left is .45's & the rest is personal defense. That's it" So I left.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    I don't understand they whole waiting in line to be disappointed or upset because the lack of inventory and higher prices. It was mostly older fellas, and not pointing fingers but the older crowd with nothing to do during the day is what is ruining it for us young bucks that what to blow off steam from a hard work week....owell.
    Like I said I'm sorry for beating a dead horse and venting.

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    Who doesn't have thousands of rounds stocked up by now? I mean, it's only been YEARS since the shortages and price increases started happening. Who waits until now to try to find a box or two here and there?

Tc343

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenfield
    Must be people without the internet. I've gotten thousands of rounds since the shortage / panick at normal prices. 5-10 min max each night and u will find what u need within a week or so.

.223, 9mm, .45.... All brass cases pre panick prices. Start looking people! Ya its harder to find but its there.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hey Ya'll........ (not trying to beat a dead horse)
    I went to the Target on Rockville in Avon this morning about 8.30 and noticed a line of people at the front door of Dicks down the strip mall.No biggie maybe sale starts today, so ventured down there maybe I can get some golf balls cheap......
    Nope, people where lineing up at the gun couner. All the poor kid behind the couner had was .40 and .45.... Ya'll should of heard the disapointment in everyone when they found out the price and lack of invorty.
    Just thought this was comically.

I don't understand they whole waiting in line to be disappointed or upset because the lack of inventory and higher prices. It was mostly older fellas, and not pointing fingers but the older crowd with nothing to do during the day is what is ruining it for us young bucks that what to blow off steam from a hard work week....owell.
    Like I said I'm sorry for beating a dead horse and venting.

Ammo flipers.
    It's a good time right now for them.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    There were a dozen at Dick's in the Fort this morning. One brick per person. They had Remington .22R for $22.95 (or close to that) and some expensive .380 Auto PD stuff.Nothing more. I will take it where I can get it, when I can get it.

At GM on Lima Rd couple weeks ago, there was a limit of 10 boxes of 9mm and I think one bucket or .22LR (1,400 rounds I think). The 9mm and .22LR were sold out by #20. I was #45, and there were more behind me than in front of me. Man at Dock's told me he lined up at GM yesterday at 05:30 and still got nothing this week because GM got nothing.

I have been checking the local Walmart for ammo. The cabinet of the Lima Rd store has not changed in three weeks. The same three boxes of 7mm are still there at the right-hand end of the third shelf. The same shotgun and rifle ammo boxes are there, too. Wherever the ammo is, it is not hitting the shelf in the Fort.

I also found some good 9mm on the web last night. Cheaper Than Dirt had PMC in stock. A box of 50 FMJ was available for $69.95. As the gentleman said above, it is out there.

I will buy it where I can find it at a reasonable price.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...I also found some good 9mm on the web last night. Cheaper Than Dirt had PMC in stock. A box of 50 FMJ was available for $69.95. As the gentleman said above, it is out there.

I will buy it where I can find it at a reasonable price.

Please tell me that you did not find 50 rounds of FMJ at $69.95 to be "a reasonable price."

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    ******snip***** It was mostly older fellas, and not pointing fingers but the older crowd with nothing to do during the day is what is ruining it for us young bucks that what to blow off steam from a hard work week....owell.
    *****snip*****QUOTE]

Dear young buck;

We old guys need you to support us in our retirement, so whatever it takes to keep you working. When we're not sitting in a medical waiting room, or trying to find our glasses, one of the few perks as our arteries clog, 6-packs bellify, eyesight dims, and we become invisible to teenage girls is to be able to do things when it's convenient for us. Then again we old guys spent 45 yrs working so we could retire and go shooting, travelling, whoring, and dancing before the great big dirt sandwich. Soo. Shut yer mouth, ride yer dirt bike, and make love to yer girlfriend 3X tonight* then come acomplaining......Maybe I'll throw ya a few rnds....;)

* better way fer young bucks to blow off steam. Ask yer wife/girlfriend. If you don't, I will. I have all that time on my hands when I'm not a'shootin'

Oh, yeah, don't point yer fingers then say yer not pointung yer fingers. :D

Last edited:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    ******snip***** It was mostly older fellas, and not pointing fingers but the older crowd with nothing to do during the day is what is ruining it for us young bucks that what to blow off steam from a hard work week....owell.
    *****snip*****QUOTE]

We old guys need you to support us in our retirement, so whatever it takes to keep you working. When we're not sitting in a medical waiting room, or trying to find our glasses, one of the few perks as our arteries clog, 6-packs bellify, eyesight dims, and we become invisible to teenage girls is to be able to do things when it's convenient for us. Then again we old guys spent 45 yrs working so we could retire and go shooting, travelling, whoring, and dancing before the great big dirt sandwich. Soo. Shut yer mouth, ride yer dirt bike, and make love to yer girlfriend 3X tonight* then come acomplaining......Maybe I'll throw ya a few rnds....;)

* better way fer young bucks to blow off steam. Ask yer wife/girlfriend. If you don't, I will. I have all that time on my hands when I'm not a'shootin'

Oh, yeah, don't point yer fingers then say yer not pointung yer fingers. :D

The young bucks are supposed to be working, so someone has to take care of the lonely lady at home. My brother has a long-range view. He hopes to go out by being shot by a jealous 25-yr-old husband while jumping out of a bedroom window—in his 92nd year. :grabass: He is now 65, and can still shoot a fly off a pig's tail at fifty yards. I suggest you young bucks show a little respect. We don't run, we don't fight—we just kill you. Maybe at 92, if my eyes finally go, I will consider jumping out the window. :ladiesman: :D: :cool:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I HOPE all the flippers and gougers take it on the chin, BIG time. :D

SOME of them, most definitely, ARE going to get stung, severely. The market WILL become saturated at some point.

For me, I'll just be :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: when they're whining and crying.

So, PLEASE "flippers and gougers". PLEASE buy that .22 LR at $22 / box. I'll be HAPPY to buy it back off ya in a few months (or years, I can wait!) at $2 ea.!! :D

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I don't understand they whole waiting in line to be disappointed or upset because the lack of inventory and higher prices. It was mostly older fellas, and not pointing fingers but the older crowd with nothing to do during the day is what is ruining it for us young bucks that what to blow off steam from a hard work week....

:bs: You have no more right to ammunition than anyone else. If you had any sense you would have plenty stocked up. Better learn to be more of an ant and less of a grasshopper.

Stop whining.

The "Entitlement Generation" Ugh!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I stopped in to the Dick's in Lafayette yesterday. I went directly to the service desk and asked to see a manager.
    When the manager arrived and asked how he may be of assistance, I handed him two Dick's promotional cards that had been mailed to me.
    One card was a "200 points" card, the other was a $20 off next purchase of $100+ (excluding firearms and ammo).
    Anyway, I had cut the cards all but in two. While standing in front of him I tore the cards the rest of the way through and handed them to him.

I explained that this was my way to voice my displeasure with the Dick's corporate policy to remove "sporting" rifles from their inventory.

I told him I did not appreciate the gesture made by corporate, and that they were bowing to a vocal minority.

The manager looked somewhat taken aback, but said something I found a little odd. When I told him I would no longer patronize Dick's Sporting Goods, he said, "I understand your frustration.
    "I wish I could say I had something to do with that decision." I just found that a little strange, but I think he felt a bit intimidated.

I told him I also wrote a letter to corporate, and also emailed them. One way or another, they are going to get the message.

Top Bottom